DaemosChronicle

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,

I see a lot of people tend to have issues with this, but I haven't found my particular issue when I searched the boards. I did everything I need to do.

1. Install the plugin under the Battle Core

enemy1.png

2. Put my custom enemy sprite sheet into the correct folder "(the yanfly video says sv_actors, but there is an sv_enemies folder so I put it in both

enemy2.png

3. Put in the correct note tag

enemy3.png

enemy4.png

As you can see in images 3 and 4, something is still terribly wrong. What am I missing?

Thanks for your replies and help. I was set to work on my battle system tonight, but need this working so I can properly navigate battle animations.

Edit: more images

Battle Test
enemy5.png

Sprite Sheet
WerewolfGrey.png

Last edited:

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You only show screenshots from inside the RPG Maker editor - the whole point of this plugin is that the game, when running, will use the sprite sheet you specified in the notetag, the image you provide in the database entry is irrelevant.

Plugins can't affect anything inside the editor, only the game, so what you see in the database for your Enemy and Troops will be based off of the image you chose in the enemy entry, not the sideview sprite you specified in the notetag.

Does it display incorrectly in the game? Please provide a screenshot of that, then of your full sprite sheet - if it does display incorrectly, it's likely due to a formatting error there.

DaemosChronicle

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You only show screenshots from inside the RPG Maker editor - the whole point of this plugin is that the game, when running, will use the sprite sheet you specified in the notetag, the image you provide in the database entry is irrelevant.

Plugins can't affect anything inside the editor, only the game, so what you see in the database for your Enemy and Troops will be based off of the image you chose in the enemy entry, not the sideview sprite you specified in the notetag.

Does it display incorrectly in the game? Please provide a screenshot of that, then of your full sprite sheet - if it does display incorrectly, it's likely due to a formatting error there.

enemy5.png

Taken from a battle test. A test in-game while running did the same.

The battle sheet:

WerewolfGrey.png

NoLongerLucky

Professional Feature Creeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The plugin takes images from the img/sv_actors folder. You're trying to use an image in the img/sv_enemies folder.

Move the image to img/sv_actors and it should work.

DaemosChronicle

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The plugin takes images from the img/sv_actors folder. You're trying to use an image in the img/sv_enemies folder.

Move the image to img/sv_actors and it should work.
As illustrated in my OP, the image is in both folders.

Regardless, removing it from the sv-enemies folder removes the ability to choose it in the editor.

NoLongerLucky

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My mistake, I didn't see.

Maybe it's a positioning issue? Try using a different image in the editor to properly set the location in the troops menu.

Also, I'm don't think the dimensions of your sprite sheet are correct. The default length:width ratio is 1.5:1, but your sprite sheet's ratio is about 2.59:1.

DaemosChronicle

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My mistake, I didn't see.

Maybe it's a positioning issue? Try using a different image in the editor to properly set the location in the troops menu.

Also, I'm don't think the dimensions of your sprite sheet are correct. The default length:width ratio is 1.5:1, but your sprite sheet's ratio is about 2.59:1.

Oh, so you're just a witch!

enemy6.png
enemy7.png

What a neat trick, thanks. Hope it works out the same for the rest of my imports.

Now I just need to learn how to program enemy attack animations. I hope it's as easy as player attacks.

NoLongerLucky

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No problem, it's pretty helpful. For all of my enemies, I just take the top-left cell, crop it, and use it as the image in the editor. Helps a lot with positioning.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just did some math and... apparently what seemed to be a little fun gimmick turned out to be an 80+ actors project :kaoswt2:
Yay! the original character contest 3 pack is here!
Both MV and MZ looks very good, congratulation for both RMW and Tkool participant!
I definitely can add these characters to use for my game project.

Steam link
The worst part of game development has to be marketing. Ugh...
May be starting a new job in a month or so. The thought is both exciting and terrifying.
Not like a rollercoaster though. Rollercoasters are just terrifying.
"Merchants don't sell you a product. They sell you something RIGHT NOW. That's all they're selling, the product of having what you want RIGHT NOW and not having to wait for it."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquez19marissa