ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As far as I know, the enemy side-view sprites are still placed on the screen according to where you position them in the Troops tab of the database.

You can just drag them around in that window and experiment until you find the correct placement. If you're having a hard time with that, I'm pretty sure I've seen plugins that provide notetags for you to specify screen coordinates for the enemies, so you could Google that.

Cymaiden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The problem is that there simply isn't a sprite placed on the screen positioning window here for me to move into an appropriate position.

Screenshot from 2022-05-19 08-20-27.png

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to assign an Image to your enemy in its database entry.

If you watch the tutorial video for the plugin, you can see that Yanfly still has a default image set for the enemy for exactly this purpose, so the troop can be set up correctly. Then, in-game, the notetag replaces that with the sideview battler you specified.

Cymaiden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to assign an Image to your enemy in its database entry.

If you watch the tutorial video for the plugin, you can see that Yanfly still has a default image set for the enemy for exactly this purpose, so the troop can be set up correctly. Then, in-game, the notetag replaces that with the sideview battler you specified.

Thanks, that fixed the problem.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

1660090657213.png
Mistakes will be made.
After three years, it was awesome to be back at Gen Con!
Words of Wisdom: You can be honest and alone. Or dishonest and together.
Working on mapping using RPGTools to create parallax maps using PVgames tiles/assets. It's super cool... but mapping is still something I drag my feet on getting done. I hate this but love the math parts of design, which is the opposite of a lot of dev's around, I think. It really do be different strokes for different folks.
Spend $5,000 on a new gaming PC. Didn't expect it to be like 1 foot wide, 2 feet tall, and weigh like 100+ pounds. The heck did I get myself into?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeuzyGamer