Yanfly ATB Battle System - Skill Speed

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by nathanlink169, Sep 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. nathanlink169

nathanlink169 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello.

Yanfly's ATB Battle system gives every battler a new gauge that fills up real-time. When the gauge is filled up, that battler will be able to select their ability. They will then charge up their ability: once this has finished charging, they will then execute the ability.

The edit that I am requesting is for the Speed tab in the settings for each skill to be taken into account for this charging speed. Currently, every skill will charge at the same speed. There is a feature in the script that if a skill has the <ATB Interrupt> tag, it can cancel any ability that the target is currently charging. By making more powerful abilities take more time to charge, they are riskier to select.

The new charge rate should be:
    DEFAULT_CHARGE_RATE + (ABILITY_SPEED * CONSTANT)

If possible, that constant value should be editable in the parameters section of the plugin.

Thank you in advance!

Here is a link to Yanfly's ATB Battle System page: http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Battle_System_-_ATB_(YEP)
    Here is a link to Yanfly's ATB Battle System script: http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_X_BattleSysATB.js
    Yanfly's ATB Battle System script requires Yanfly's Battle Engine Core. That can be found here: http://yanfly.moe/plugins/en/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js

JosephSeraph and SoSick. like this.
  2. Oddball

Oddball Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Victor sant's ATB can make it so you can put a lot more wait on actors AGI in terms of charging speed. As well as changing the speed it recharges through the skill speed tab in skills menu.

By default, the charecters execute the commands right away when selected (after their ATB is full) it provides customizable options as well. Like you cn make skills that do charge up after selected. As well as dynamicly changing the ATB speed in battle with states, weapons and stuff

3. nathanlink169

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is there a version that works for MV? I've tried to look it up, and I only seem able to find its Ruby counterpart.

4. nathanlink169

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Bumping! I was unable to find a Javascript version of the above plugin!

5. JosephSeraph

JosephSeraph White Mage Restaff

First Language:
    Portuguese
    I'll both bump, as I need the very same thing, as well as give a clue to a potential solution within Yanfly's ATB:

The Charge Gauge has a formula.
    upload_2019-11-14_5-6-57.png

I believe it would be possible to include a skill's AttackSpeed / ActionSpeed in the formula but I don't know if that formula is calculated individually for each battler (if not, then that means it's impossible) and I also don't know the reference to calculate that.

a.attackSpeed() returns merely the attack speed gained from equipment, not the speed field you setup in the skill database entry. If we could get that to be a multiplier for this, it would be aaaaaaaaawesome.

SoSickGames likes this.
  6. nathanlink169

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I didn't even think about that charge gauge! Let me look into this. I think my previous attempt may work if your assumption is correct.

EDIT: I believe I have gotten it working! The Charge Gauge formula was applied to all the battlers collectively, unfortunately. That being said, after taking another look, I realized that I wasn't removing the actors agility from the speed of the move (which is a thing I didn't realize was actually a thing...) - this script should be what you (and I) need!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019 at 11:48 AM
    SoSick. likes this.