Yanfly ATB Question

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by hyde9318, Feb 20, 2016.

1. hyde9318

hyde9318 RMC Coordinator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey guys, long time no see! Sorry that my first real appearance here in almost a year is a support question, but Im a little confused. 

So I recently picked up MV to help get me back in the RM mood and mindset, and so far I absolutely love it. However, while trying out some new plugins, I have hit a bit of a block with the Yanfly ATB battle system. The plugin can be found here for anyone wondering or interested, and I do suggest you try it out as Yanfly has ALWAYS put out some of the very best RM scripts and plugins.

http://yanfly.moe/2015/11/06/yep-24-battle-system-active-turn-battle/

So the block I am hitting is small numbered stats. Anyone who has played any of my past stuff has seen that I prefer to work with small numbers in my stats instead of large, Final-Fantasy-Esque stats (no 10,000+ damage hits for me). But with a small AGI stat comes very slow battles presented by the ATB gauge taking so long to fill up. So essentially, I wanted to see if anyone knows exactly what to change up to affect the fill speed. 

My base character has stats of 10 at level 1 and 100 at level 99 as an example (it varies quite a bit from character to class), so not sure if that helps at all here.

Thank you to anyone who read through this and a huge thank you to anyone willing to help out. You all have a wonderful day!

2. DoubleX

DoubleX Just a nameless weakling Veteran

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Have you tried to tweak these(Full Gauge and Charge Gauge in the plugin manager)?

* @param Full Gauge
    * @desc The target speed for an ATB gauge to be full.
    * This is a formula processed as an eval.
    * @default Math.max(5000, BattleManager.highestBaseAgi() * 100)
    * @param Charge Gauge
    * @desc The wind-up time after selecting an action.
    * This is a formula processed as an eval.
    * @default Math.max(2000, BattleManager.highestBaseAgi() * 20)

Using smaller values might help :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2016
    hyde9318 and Riff like this.
  3. hyde9318

hyde9318 RMC Coordinator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

That actually worked pretty well. I feel kind of silly for not thinking of editing the 5000 value in the front, as I was instead trying to rewrite the algorithm at the end there... Oh well, sometimes it just takes another set of eyes to find something simple. Thank you so much for pointing that out for me and thank you for taking the time to help. I wish you the best.  :D

4. Ghost of Christmas Kloe

Ghost of Christmas Kloe Ghost of a Princess Seagull Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Yup, that's how I did it, I had a similar problem before changing each value and seeing what happened! Experimenting = Good

Also, usually the best place to ask Yanfly questions, is in his thread, which can be found here!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2016