Maldra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am seeing a glitch when it comes to using Yanfly's Auto Passive States. It appears to be working just fine until it is the end of the user's turn. I have one passive state that gives the user HP +5%. When you learn the skill, you can see the character's HP go up instantly! However, in battle, when it is the end of the character's turn, you can see the user's HP drop!

For example, if with the HP bonuses the character has 3,150/3,150 HP.. At the end of that character's turn, his HP would instantly drop to 3,000/3,150 HP! Has anyone else had this issue before?

For reference, here is what I have to make it work:

1628369091274.png

1628369128444.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The obvious thought is that the state is being removed -are you sure that's not the case?

It wouldn't cause this problem, but I see your passive state has a check box to be removed at the end of the battle, which I'm pretty sure you don't want, since your description of the skill says it's a permanent increase.

Maldra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That was a nice thought, but nothing changed when I unchecked that box. It seems like it checks for statuses at the end of every turn during a battle and then reapplies them.. It should stay on there continuously but it doesn't.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I said that wouldn't be the cause of this problem.

I feel you must have some effect or troop event that's causing the state to be removed, then the passive code is reapplying it.

I just reproduced your state in my game, and it functioned without error.

If you're certain there's nothing like that in your game, it could somehow be a conflict with another plugin. And double check that your Yanfly plugins are in the correct order according to the list on the Web site.

Last edited:

Maldra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just went through every plugin script and matched Yanfly's order exactly.. I'm still having the same issue. When you tested it, you went into battle did a turn for that character and their HP didn't drop? I wish I could figure out why it is still happening to me.. >_<

Maldra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just tried turning off all non-Yanfly plugins and am still seeing the same error as well..

It feels like the only thing left to try at this point is to get the newest version of MV and update all of the plugins, unless someone has another idea.

Last edited:

ThreeSixNine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just tried turning off all non-Yanfly plugins and am still seeing the same error as well..

It feels like the only thing left to try at this point is to get the newest version of MV and update all of the plugins, unless someone has another idea.
Do you have a global passive being applied to all actors?

Maldra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you have a global passive being applied to all actors?
No, its a skill that is learned that applies the passive state and there is a custom passive condition that requires the user to have the class either as their main or sub class.

ThreeSixNine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, its a skill that is learned that applies the passive state and there is a custom passive condition that requires the user to have the class either as their main or sub class.
There's an option in the plugin to apply a global state. I was just thinking it could cause conflicts. Are there any other states acting weird, or just this one?

-Edit-
Also, a good way to narrow things down is to turn off all plugins not being used in this particular instance. If the problem goes away after doing that, its probably a compatability issue.

If the problem persists, then its most likely an issue within the plugins being used.

If you have any experience with JS you can place console.log() in the passive conditions to check certain information.

Last edited:

Maldra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The max MP ones are likely doing the same thing but I haven't tested it yet. The screen does this weird thing where all the buffs that are normally displayed on the screen disappear for a short time when this happens as well. But there is nothing setup that would remove or counter the max hp passive ability.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This could be a big deal. The "newest version" of MV is years old, so you should absolutely be using that. Similarly, if you're not using the newest version of the Yanfly plugins, or if some of them are designed for a different version of MV than you're using, it could absolutely be making things not work properly.

Maldra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
WOW... I just updated the version of RPG Maker and replaced all of yanfly's plugins with the new ones and its working perfectly now!

Thanks all for helping. Now to test the non yanfly plugins in hopes none of those are broken from the update..

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone want dynamically soft shadow? :kaohi:
1643106068630.png
Happy Birthday, me!
Woops.
giphy.gif
Ack, I've got to make a script support thread... I hate doing it now; I feel like an annoyance to people. Especially because my questions are usually stupid. Or, at least I assume they are when I don't get any replies lol. Oh well, I'll just make it in the morning. No point doing it now if I'll be asleep.
Slowly working on directions and walking sprites. :kaoback:
mA1ETTy.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
exrtcyvigubhinjomk44