Golden Circle

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I deployed my project as "Web Browsers" Compressed the www folder to a Zip and uploaded it to Newgrounds. For some reason, Yanfly's Battle Core and ActSeq plugins are not working. Yanfly's core plugin works as the game has a wide resolution, Yanfly's Message Plugin work as the text boxes are resized not to fit the entire screen and have names, etc, but for some reason, Battle Core and ActSeq don't work. All my ActSeq animations don't work, battles start in the Fight/Escape window, When I select a skill the entire screen is covered up by the skill select etc.

Is there any reason why those two specific plugins don't work on Newgrounds?

Isaac The Red

RedMage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm not entirely sure have you had other people try and access your game from newgrounds? It is possible that it's just an issue with your browsers parsing of the js. Or perhaps Whatever serving solution newgrounds uses has certain features of js locked to prevent something. I've never seen anyone deploy an MV game to Newgrounds so I can't be certain.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
why compressing as a zip? does this newgrounds decompress it? because if they decompress it into the wrong structure, that can cause problems especially with plugins.

For plugins it is important that the filename of the plugin is exactly the name given to it by the plugin writer, or a lot of plugins will cease to function. If newgrounds changes something in those names, they will no longer work.

another test: does that www folder work locally for you before you upload the data? It should work in firefox (some other browsers have problems due to their default access settings for local files)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have an idea, I am making low polygon 3D resources for a package in itch. but it occurred to me that I could export these as images and make MV / MZ compatible tilesets. What do you think of this?
I hate seeing threads where less-experienced user's ask for an opinion of their project, and the thread is full of negative feedback by others who are clearly not the target audience. I feel bad for the OP, and I hope they understand that no game can appeal to everyone. :frown:
Hm, just found out I can't use loops, yay.
-Ele
I just wanna Covid to be over and I have my normal life back... Feeling so bad these days, what can I do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romull01