Yanfly Battle Core Problem

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by R-ZoneGamer, Sep 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. R-ZoneGamer

R-ZoneGamer Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello,
    I'm about ready to go completely insane because I can't figure out what probably is just a silly mistake. I started a new project in MV 1.6.1 and installed Yanfly Core Engine and right below it installed Yanfly Battle Core. Core engine works fine. I can change resolution and other modifications and they show up in game. However the Battle Core does nothing. The defaults that are supposed to occur (skipping the "fight/escape" menu, not having the skill select menu take over the entire screen, etc...) simply do not happen. The battle screens are just as if I hadn't installed the plugin at all. Yes, both plugins are "ON" and Core Engine appears above Battle Core in the list.

*Edit: Core Engine is v1.30 and Battle Core is v1.47.

Please help!!! Thanks a bunch.

2. Aloe Guvner

Aloe Guvner Walrus Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This could happen if an error in the plugin happens while the game is booting, it would throw an error to the console and then not load that plugin.
    When you open the console (press F8 during playtest), do you see an error?

If so, depending on the error, this post may be relevant. Apparently the 'mirror' version of the Battle Core is bugged but the Dropbox version is fine.
    https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/derusting-project-woes.100096/#post-901175

3. R-ZoneGamer

R-ZoneGamer Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes, the console displayed the error describe in the link you provided. I downloaded the version of Battle Core from Dropbox and it works just fine now. That being said, shouldn't the link to the mirror on Yanfly's site be either fixed or removed so others don't run into this problem?

Thanks for the help!