RMMV Yanfly Battle Engine: Disable target immortality, Multi hit skills targeting dead battlers

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If a multi hit skill (whether its "X random enemies" or "Repeat: x") is used against a target, and the target dies midway through the skill, they can still be targeted.

My first thought was to disable the immortality feature, but there was no plugin config for it, contrary to what the plugin description said. So, I commented out line 1369 so that immortality isn't added to targets at the start of every action.

Original Code:
Code:
Yanfly.BEC.DefaultActionSetup = [
    ['CLEAR BATTLE LOG'],
    ['DISPLAY ACTION'],
    ['IMMORTAL', ['TARGETS', 'TRUE']],
    ['PERFORM START'],
    ['WAIT FOR MOVEMENT'],
    ['CAST ANIMATION'],
    ['WAIT FOR ANIMATION']
];

Line 1369 is " ['IMMORTAL', ['TARGETS', 'TRUE']], "

So, now targets aren't immortal during actions, now what?
When I use the multi hit skill, the targets will collapse when they reach 0 HP, but they can still be targeted despite being dead, but only for the duration of the action.
Any actions afterwards aren't able to target the dead targets.

How can I make it so targets can't be targeted if they die?

TL;DR In battle, targets that die can still be hit by the same skill if the skill has multiple hits.

Edit: A sample project to test what I'm talking about. Open up a test battle with the bats, and use your regular attack as Harold.
Edit 2: Removed Google Drive link due to fear of exposing gmail. To recreate the bug, use a "4 random enemies" target skill that one shots enemies. Have two enemies in a troop, and use the skill on them. Then, I suggest repeating the same steps as above after commenting out Line 1369 on the Battle Core.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My Overworld might be a mix of inspiration from 2D Final Fantasy games, Breath of Fire, Battlechasers: Nightwar, Super Mario World, and Pillars of Eternity. If I can make it more in-depth than just walking from point A to point B, that might do a lot for the gameplay experience. Hmm...
Terribly depressed. Worst birthday I've had in years, no motivation to work on anything. Still no income. At least I've got my computer running again.
Doing RPG Maker News for 19th September 2021

Stream will be live with some Dark Souls 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bestringtonesnett