Yanfly Battle Engine+Galv's Animated Battler Help !

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by Jericho Swain, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Jericho Swain

Jericho Swain Noxus Tyrant Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi community I would like some assistance on "How do you make the enemy sprites move and attack your animated battler during battle instead of just standing on their original spots ?" Now I think this has to do something with the script in Yanfly Battle Engine and Galv's Animated Battlers (I may be wrong). The most identical to what I want is Battle Symphony  and Victor but as far as I know, Battle Symphony doesn't work with the Galv's Animated Battlers. If I remove Galv's then my animated battlers won't show up and I don't know how to handle Victor.

Can you guys please give me suggestions and tips ? :D I have provided both of the scripts below...

P.S. By the way I'm not very good with scripting (still noob yes sadly). Thanks for the Help !

2. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    try Yanfly's Visual battler's perhaps? unless of course ur using Holder Style battlers

Also, link to the original posts... don't upload the scripts directly unless really necessary (like if the post isn't accessible or something)

Checked Galv's... As far as I see, if you want battlers to move near their target before doing something you need to tag the skills,items etc with <melee: x>

Code:
    #------------------------------------------------------------------------------##  Note tag for SKILLS, ITEMS and ACTORS#------------------------------------------------------------------------------###  <melee: x>  # Normal attacks for Actors, items being used or skills being#              # used that have this tag will make the actor dash into close#              # range before doing the action. x is the dash speed.#              # 0 = instant.  1 is slow, higher numbers is faster##------------------------------------------------------------------------------#

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  3. Jericho Swain

First Language:
    English
    Yes I'm using something like Holder Style battlers and for Galv's that only works for the actors and not the enemies. I want to know if Galv's support the enemies (maybe I don't know how to do it). It would be great if someone figures out how ! Thanks.

4. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    AS FAR AS READING THE SCRIPT IS CONCERNED:

You can make enemies use Holder Style battlers too using the same notetag as used for actors... as said in his script:

#------------------------------------------------------------------------------## Note tag for ENEMIES and ACTORS#------------------------------------------------------------------------------### <battler: filename> # filename is the animated spritesheet located in# # /Graphics/Battlers/# # Required for actors, optional for enemies.## <stationary_sub> # will not re-position themselves in front of an ally# # they are covering/substituting for.##------------------------------------------------------------------------------#and as far as I see, the <melee: x> tag should work for both actor and enemies...

You see, it's ALL IN THE SCRIPT... you should really read it...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  5. Jericho Swain

First Language:
    English
    Ok thanks I figured it out :D

6. Jericho Swain

First Language:
    English
    Another Issue I have is that when the battlers die they don't stay dead on the field, instead they disappear like when monsters die....