RMMV Yanfly Battle Engine, trouble with sequencing.

FrogScholar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys! I am using Yanfly's scripts as the base for my battle system, I've recently noticed that there are some enemies who will not day when they have lost all their HP. Upon googling, I found that people were having this problem connected to the Yanfly Sequence Action Packs. My research showed me that it may be due to the script making enemies immortal until the end of the combat sequence. To remedy this, I added this to my skills:

<follow action>
immortal: targets false
</follow action>

However, this has not solved my problem. If anyone else has any other ideas I would really appreciate it :)

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Check your state 1. If state 1 is not KO no one will die in the game. The other thing to check is did you make the enemy state immune to state 1? If you do that they can never die either.

FrogScholar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Check your state 1. If state 1 is not KO no one will die in the game. The other thing to check is did you make the enemy state immune to state 1? If you do that they can never die either.
KO is state 1 for this project. I made sure to compare it with the KO State in a clean version of MV too.

Attachments

• KO.PNG
    KO.PNG
    102.1 KB · Views: 6

Stimulantfound

La Princesa Stephany
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can we see your Enemies tab, specifically Traits?

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@FrogScholar You should probably post your action sequence too. Maybe something in there is being weird.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also post the action sequence for the skill where enemies aren't dying. Just having the plugin in your game won't randomly cause enemies to become immortal unless you tell them to. If you have just one section of an action sequence (e.g. only a follow action), it will screw with how the skill functions. If you have anything, you should include setup, target and finish to guarantee functionality. (and Yanfly recommends removing immortal flags in the follow action section)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

FrogScholar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also post the action sequence for the skill where enemies aren't dying. Just having the plugin in your game won't randomly cause enemies to become immortal unless you tell them to. If you have just one section of an action sequence (e.g. only a follow action), it will screw with how the skill functions. If you have anything, you should include setup, target and finish to guarantee functionality. (and Yanfly recommends removing immortal flags in the follow action section)

It's happening for every skill which is why I am confused. I took your advice and added the other action phases to each skill but this has caused most of my skills to just do nothing. For example this is the action sequence for "Thunderbolt", a single target electric type damaging skill.

<setup action>
</setup action>
<target action>
</target action>
<follow action>
</follow action>
<finish action>
</finish action>

Before adding in the other phases (setup, target and finish) this skill would deal damage, now it just gets skipped battle. I appreciate the assistance :)

FrogScholar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@FrogScholar You should probably post your action sequence too. Maybe something in there is being weird.

I posted it in response to ATT_Turan but here is a copy of the action sequence for my Thunderbolt skill :)

<setup action>
</setup action>
<target action>
</target action>
<follow action>
</follow action>
<finish action>
</finish action>

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you use an action sequence, you need to have it do the entire skill. That will do nothing because you have programmed no actions in the entire sequence.

If you're not using an action sequence for a skill, you shouldn't put just one portion of it in there because it could cause erratic behavior.

Again, to reiterate, if you have not created an action sequence making your enemies immortal, then your problem is not from the action sequences. To test this, you can turn off the plugin in your plugin manager and go fight those enemies.

You'll need to check (and if you don't find the problem, post screenshots of) the Enemy entry in your database for the enemies that aren't dying...the Troop that they're in...the Skills that you're using (unless it's all skills and attacks won't kill them, that's probably not the problem).

Just for surety, go through your plugins and make sure they're in the order recommended by the developers, especially anything by Yanfly.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Dragonfly3116 wrote on Redweaver's profile.
i need to ask do you mind sending me a link to tutorial town an legend of ancients Please My new Email is necroboy1973@gmail.com
I Am A Member On The Site Here As Well If Your Still teaching Let Me Know Thanks Joseph
Added store elements.
44JtdpE5n4jQMFkSi7pACW.png

2uqvqT3uCWxcXAhlyZokxg.png

The next step will be to start making props (including distillers).
I just saw one of SigmaSuccor's RPG Maker news videos, it mentioned one of my plugins. Now I kind of wish I'd made a demo project for it, having nothing in that segment but a scroll down the code feels a little underwhelming given what the plugin COULD do. Except I suck at making demo stuff, and my testing project isn't fit for that. :(
Ok, to prepare for the GMTK Game Jam, I'm trying to make a game with the theme "The Cat's out of the Bag" in about 48 hours. I'd make a forum post with a question, but I don't have the time!
Worked over a week on a new BGM, and I'm finally happy with it.

Here are some screenshots of the area it will be used in
EzLHppdVIAMY7DP

EzLHpqsVIAEZ7jt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachdev