RMMV Yanfly battle sequence not using correct motion

fungolem

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I set motion item: user, but the actual animation it use is shooting/missile. What did I do wrong? I tried to changed it to motion walk: user but still the same

2021_snow_176.jpg

This is my plugin kist
2021_snow_177.jpg

This is the template, I am using YED sideview battler so item slot should be 11
2021_snow_178.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This skill do use the motion correctly....I tried to copy this to repair kit's note but that one still use the wrong animation.
2021_snow_179.jpg

Last edited:

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your notetags are all wrong. You have:
<target action>
<target action>
</target action>
</target action>

If you want it to work correctly, you can only have one target action section and then close it properly with the slash.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
additionally, your plugins are in the wrong order.

yanfly's plugins have to be installed in exactly the order given on his website, top to bottom.
they are known for random and strange effects when placed in the wrong order.

fungolem

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your notetags are all wrong. You have:
<target action>
<target action>
</target action>
</target action>

If you want it to work correctly, you can only have one target action section and then close it properly with the slash.
I am following Punamaagi advice because if I not doing this the actor will repeat the skill once again, don't know why.

Hare is the thread.

fungolem

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
additionally, your plugins are in the wrong order.

yanfly's plugins have to be installed in exactly the order given on his website, top to bottom.
they are known for random and strange effects when placed in the wrong order.

May I have the list of correct order? or where can I find the list?
If is http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Category:Yanfly_Engine_Plugins, I should be following the order in this page, something still put in wrong place? Only the core need to be in right order right?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you want to reply to two people, you can use the +Quote button at the bottom of each post, or type @Username to address them. Writing separate replies makes your profile on the side take up more space on the page than your actual posts do.
I am following Punamaagi advice because if I not doing this the actor will repeat the skill once again, don't know why.
That...is not what's being said in that thread. That user was having problems with an AoE skill - the scope was all allies or all enemies. Your scope for your skill is 1 ally, it's not possible for it to be happening more than once if you code your action sequence correctly.

Additionally, even if you were having the same problem as that user, Punamaagi did not say to have more than one target action section. If you follow the instructions in the documentation, you can see the exact format an action sequence must have. You can leave parts out, and the game will fill in default behavior, but you can't add things.
I should be following the order in this page...Only the core need to be in right order right?
No, every single plugin that you use must be in the order Yanfly lists them in. It says that at the top of the list:
It is highly recommended that you place these plugins inside your Plugin Manager in the order shown on this page.

fungolem

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you want to reply to two people, you can use the +Quote button at the bottom of each post, or type @Username to address them. Writing separate replies makes your profile on the side take up more space on the page than your actual posts do.

That...is not what's being said in that thread. That user was having problems with an AoE skill - the scope was all allies or all enemies. Your scope for your skill is 1 ally, it's not possible for it to be happening more than once if you code your action sequence correctly.

Additionally, even if you were having the same problem as that user, Punamaagi did not say to have more than one target action section. If you follow the instructions in the documentation, you can see the exact format an action sequence must have. You can leave parts out, and the game will fill in default behavior, but you can't add things.

No, every single plugin that you use must be in the order Yanfly lists them in. It says that at the top of the list:
Yikes,my bad.
I rearrange the plugins, this should be correct?
2021_snow_182.jpg

As for the act twice thing, I change the animation from screen to center...it fixed..
2021_snow_184.jpg

As for the motion item i change to pic below, it won't use shooting motion now...but it won't use any of the motion at all....
2021_snow_183.jpg
I even add all the dummy sequence like this, still doesn't works.
<Item Cost: 1 First Aid Kit>
<Setup Action>
</Setup Acction>
<Whole Action>
</Whole Action>
<Target Action>
motion item: user
action animation: target
wait for animation
action effect
death break
</Target Action>
<Follow Action>
</Follow Action>
<finish action>
</finish action>

This is another skill with same action sequence and it has no problem at all...
2021_snow_185.jpg

Help, I just want the actor use the correct motion nothing too flashy...:kaodes:;_;

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OHHHHHHHHHH I moved YED sideviewbattler to last slot and it works now!!!!
2021_snow_186.jpg

:kaoeh:;_;

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Awright ya marshmallows! :kaopride: Here's a peek of what Alice's 8-bit Gothic gonna be like! EXPECT IT! (...in 2025?) :kaoswt:

alice_gothictiles.png
SF_People3_4 added!
index.php

Finds notes for an old side project... Oh, that's right, the two tracks that sounded really cool and gave inspiration for the big bad in that game... Spends day working on cutscene from old notes, looks okay, now lets slot in the first track... um... I did have those tracks??? It was a year or so ago but I did buy them didn't I?
CA9mtHJ.gif

Everything is really confusing for me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlimpBrother