Yanfly Battle Status

Helladen

Deviant Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Introduction
This is part of YEA - Battle Engine. I took all the enhancements to the interface and removed any code that broke other system's compatibility. There are still issues with specific systems, but this should work in a much wider range than it did previously.

This script will work like the traditional system, so any add-on made by Yanfly can be inserted below this, and it will work the same. I have removed some duplicated code that is found in YEA - Core Engine. Besides the battle engine requires the core engine to run properly, so you better make sure to get that and place it above all other custom scripts.

This has an incompatibility issue with YEA - TP Manager. To fix this just erase each line of code in it that errors. Basically, these lines were part of the damage popup - they are no longer present in the battle engine.

This script was designed to work with Victor Saint's Animated Battle and the default battle system. I do not guarantee this will work perfectly with any other battle system.

I hope people can make some use out of it.

Screenshots
Not needed.

Credits
Yanfly and Helladen.

Commercial
To read the rights of what the author expects go here.

Script
Dropbox

Last edited by a moderator:

Helladen

Deviant Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I have updated the script.

• I added better compatibility for Victor Saint's Animated Battle.
  • I added script import, so you can use any add-on for this like the traditional system.
  • I removed duplicate code that is found in another script by Yanfly (YEA - Core Engine).
  • I added missing code for several overrides and alias methods, so it should work more like the original.
  • I updated the script to the latest revision as of 8/06/12.

Let me know if there are any problems. :)

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Found a bug:

This happens when just normally attacking, I noticed there's no animation too =w=)

I also use a vanilla DBS.

Helladen

Deviant Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
It should be fixed. I really only made this to work with the animated battle system, since Yanfly's version works perfectly fine for the default battle system.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ahaha I only wanted the battle status than the whole package :D

Yep, battle animations don't appear anymore but if it's for victor's only then by any chance you still have 1.0? :0

Helladen

Deviant Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Alright, I made it work with the default battle system. :p

• It now runs on the default battle system like the original.
  • I added another class I missed (had minor impact), mostly was just for targeting.

amerk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Excellent job with this, Helladen. Even if used with just the default system, it will definitely spice it up. You may want to include a list of features in the topic.

Helladen

Deviant Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The features are listed in the script itself. You can see a demonstration of this on the website I linked, since it is part of YEA - Battle Engine.

Helladen

Deviant Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
1.2.1:
- Fixed it to work with latest version of Victor Saint's battle engine. This does not work with his RTAB script. I am not sure whether I will make it anytime soon.

Helladen

Deviant Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
1.2.2:

- Removed animation code completely - uses default battle system's animations. This should resolve a lot of script conflicts as mentioned above.

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am going to see if this will work with my symphony project.

-Your dropbox isnt working for me.

Helladen

Deviant Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I am going to see if this will work with my symphony project.

-Your dropbox isnt working for me.
It looks like the server for Dropbox is acting up for that specific URL - here's another one. I tried recopying public URL and still doesn't work, so it has got to be an issue with their servers.

P.S: It seems to be working for me now.

Sam

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi! I actually just posted a topic today requesting a battle status that was compatible with the Victor engine because I really like Yanfly's display, but it doesn't work with Victor and neither does the YanPac battle display. So I tried this out today but I'm getting an error. 

I'm using a demo so my only scripts are in this order:

Victor Basic Module

Victor Animated Battle

Victor Actor Battlers

Victor Active Time

Your Script Here

This is the error I get: 

Any help?

Sam

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh, I see you said it doesn't work with his active time. I took that script out so my script list is as follows:

Victor Basic Module

Victor Animated Battle

Victor Actor Battlers

Your Script Here

But I'm still getting the same error.

EDIT: I added the Yanfy Core engine above it, sorry I didn't read that in your post!! I feel stupid, works perfectly, great script and exactly what I've been looking for! Sorry for the multiple posts. 

wethefallen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I'm curious how to go about changing the order the party members are displayed. I'm messing with a 5 party front view system using VE-ani/actor battles.

since the system centers the party around a the 1st character a full group of actors is arranged   4,2,1,3,5 . how tough would it be to alter the status window to  to reflect this?

wethefallen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Bumping with a thought. I was thinking of doing some kind of IF party==5 then draw orderX, then  If Party ==4 then Y and so on.... i guess my question is which part of the code derives the actors to draw??? scripting novice here sorry if this is an obvious thing to the pros!

edit: or can just manipulate the indexes in the draw item method., and if so, how?

razim77

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Rpgmaker vx ace is awesome and I only have the lite version (I plan on buying it and HR2 in Sep.) I saw all these scripts out there and was unable to use them well I found a program that lets me add scripts so I could understand them and get a better understanding of them and there use while I like yanfly's scripts the most the battle engine makes everything immortal :( here is what I have in my lite version.....

Symphoria_Core+hospitol, Ace_core+Message, Class_system+unlock (for subs), Party&Command system, Ace_equip, Barehanded, Enemy_levels, Passive_states (barehanded?) Target_manager, Weapon attack replace (barehanded?), Force move tiles, Move restrict region, Ace_menu, Ace_save, Ace-shop, Ace_status, Command_window_icons, Visual_battlers, Victor-basic, Victor damage pop up. I'm guessing since it is the lite version only so much can work when I add Helladen's script with Yea battle (I want to use the enemy health bar) it don't work other than that the scripts make the game more personal and fun.

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I just wanted to say that this is quite possibly the most underrated script available right now. I've spent a lot of time searching forums and googling solutions to solve compatibility issues that are usually tied to battle systems like YEA and VE. The fact that you've managed to strip YEA down and still have the add-ons work is absolutely amazing. Battle systems are functioning a lot better now. 

Side Note: I get an error on line 1354. "Undefined method 'setup_counter' for #<Game_Enemy:yadayada>

This is triggered as soon as an enemy is about to execute a counter attack. Now... the code that's around line 1354 is basically a copy of a segment of code that's already in Victor's Counter Options script. So I commented out the code in your script and installed Counter Options. Everything works fine. 

Also, if you replace the code with YEA Battle Engine's original code, everything functions properly. Just a heads up.

Helladen

Deviant Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This is triggered as soon as an enemy is about to execute a counter attack. Now... the code that's around line 1354 is basically a copy of a segment of code that's already in Victor's Counter Options script.
Victor's counter options compatibility was not built into the script. I'll take a look at it later though and possibly add it in.

MusicTF

Soundtrack Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So the attached error comes up after the initial "Monster Emerged" window.  The only other scripts I have are 2 <20 line scripts that make the minimum damage dealt by any attack 1, and a script that makes TP not regenerate when hit with an attack

EDIT: omg sorry I didn't put in the Core Engine it works fine now.

Screenshot (4).png

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly! I will be beginning a play-through of Resident Evil 4! Feel free to drop by!

1st iteration on castle interior in Tiled.
I've started up Pillars of Eternity. It's interesting how the game does a "select choice" cutscene using still image art for dramatic flair. I wonder if that might work for my RPGMaker project.
The self-righteous indignation of family when you expect them to pay back money you've leant to them never ceases to amaze me.
Gamedev for relaxing? yes or no?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anonymous_game_dev