VillainFan42

Fan of Villains
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I originally wrote this post for just the battle issue, but I have run into another problem with the Element Core, maybe? I can't tell, but I'm putting them together and bumping it just in case.

I'm having a bit of a problem with the battle screen in my RPG. (I know I've been working on this for literally years but I keep getting sidetracked) See, I changed the screen resolution to accommodate some custom UI stuff in the status and shop menu, and the Yanfly battle status window got kinda screwed up.
SupportHP.PNG
The problem is that, well, first of all, I was originally planning TP (referred to here as FP) to be part of it, but I decided to turn it off... but it still seems to be appearing. Second, I have no idea how the HP and MP bars wound up like that. I want them to be stacked underneath Autumn's character portrait. Can anyone shed some light as to what went wrong and how I can fix it.

Again, I want to stack the HP and MP bars underneath the character portrait and remove the TP/FP bar entirely.

EDIT: I figured out how to get rid of the TP bar but the rest of the problems persist.
I'm also having a bit of a roadblock with the way elemental resistances work.

See, I'm aiming for a system kinda like the one in Final Fantasy 9 but even with the Element Core, I can't get it to work.

Here's what I want to happen. Let's say a character is equipped with the Fire Shield, Fire Mail, and Fire Helm. The Shield is supposed to reduce Fire damage by 50% and the other pieces of equipment reduce it by 25% each, which is supposed to reduce fire damage to 0. The problem is, they multiply each other, but they don't add up. What it seems to do is after deducting 50%, it deducts 25% from than and 25% from that so I take about 28%. How do I make it so I get the percentages to add up so the damage is 0?

Last edited:

VillainFan42

Fan of Villains
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bumping this post.

VillainFan42

Fan of Villains
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I left behind my project for a while, but I'm back to it, bumping this again.

JojoLaVache

Easily distracted
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First of all, do you have the same issues as before? If you don't, then bumping this post is pointless.

Second, that Battle Window issue seems related to another plugin you use. Can you tell me what plugins do you have?

Third, as for your issue with elements, this sounds more like a question about element rates that happens without YEP_ElementCore. And sadly, this plugin doesn't help, as what it does is:
  • add multiple elements
  • set rules about what element rate to use when multiple elements are used
  • absorb elements
  • reflect elements
  • increase elemental damage
  • ignore elements
  • force element rates
There might be a solution so two 80% fire element rates give a 60% rate in total, but I don't know how.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Managed to find a way to hang a bed cover over my window. So no more being toasted alive in the afternoon!:kaoswt2:
So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.
Any also thought it's too cringy to put the word "and you" in your credit as a special thanks?
Cause that's what I thought...
Everyone in the US right now: Please stay safe.
Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flaminguex