Yanfly BattleStatusWindow plugin modification (Resolved)

Jay19

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello,

I have a big problem that I notice late and that makes a big part of my project unusable.
This is something very specific, I hope someone can help me.

Before explaining to you, I must show you the interface of my fights.

A.png

We can see that in my project, there are 6 playable characters simultaneously. I use Yanfly's BattleStatusWindow and PartySystem plugin for this.
Now I explain the problem to you. I also use a plugin (SRD_SummonCore) that allows me to summon characters in combat. Concretely, one of my characters can summon clones of himself (like mirror images in World of Warcraft, for those who know).
Here's what it looks like:

B.png

Everything works fine, but at some point in the fight, the game does not seem to understand the arrival of these new characters, and it confuses them with actors 1 and 2. Their statistics are then exchanged. The following image will help you understand.

C.png

Normally mirror images have 1 HP. This small bug only lasts for a second but sometimes causes problems (like the cancellation of my characters' turn).
I then realized that expanding the maximum group size to 8 members fixes the problem.
The game places the mirror images in position 7 and 8, but another problem appears.

D.png

I don't want to show the mirror image profile at all. It's not aesthetic.
So I need a solution to lock profile column count to 6.
Whatever the number of characters I have in my team, it is only necessary that the first 6 be displayed.
I will make sure that the summoner never gets into a situation where he can summon when the party is not full, and the mirror image profile will never appear.

Anyone got a solution?
Another plugin? A modification of the BattleStatusWindow plugin?
I can post the whole plugin here if I have to, but I don't know if I have the right to.
I hope I have explained the problem correctly. I tried not to be too long, but I can give more details if necessary.

(Translation made by google, please ask me to rephrase if necessary).

HarlekinLehl

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Perhaps you can try SRDs super tools and use the menu editor to adjust the window.

Jay19

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you for your reply.
I don't know at all but I will try.
I'm not sure this works because when there are too many characters for the size of the window, the game tends to overwrite the profiles to show them all even if there isn't enough room . So if I reduce the size of the window, it may be worse.
I'll try anyway but as I don't know this plugin, it might be a bit long. I'll keep you informed.
If someone knows a way to really fix the number of profiles displayed permanently, it really seems to be ideal

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can post the whole plugin here if I have to, but I don't know if I have the right to.
You do not, Yanfly's Terms of Use prohibit the distribution of code from the plugins.

In the plugin parameters, there's one labeled Adjust Columns ("Adjust column amount to party size?") - doesn't setting that to "false" do what you want?

Jay19

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
N/A
You do not, Yanfly's Terms of Use prohibit the distribution of code from the plugins.

In the plugin parameters, there's one labeled Adjust Columns ("Adjust column amount to party size?") - doesn't setting that to "false" do what you want?
Alright, then I won't.

Unfortunately no, it doesn't work.
Either I put "True" and then the display adapts to the size of the team, and therefore the profile of the mirror images appears.
Either I put "False" and then there are still two possibilities:
- The size of the maximum team is set to 8 ==> the display of the profiles of the 6 characters are very tight in order to leave room for mirror images (which will appear when they are invoked).
- The maximum team size is set to 6 ==> the display is correct, but then the bug occurs which inverts the characteristics of the mirror images with the actors in position 1 and 2. This only lasts for one second but this causes bugs, such as the cancellation of the turn of actors 1 and 2.

I hope someone can help me find a solution because the summoner has half of his spells related to mirror images. I wouldn't want to have to delete them v_v

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think all of that, with canceling turns, could be related to the Battle Status Window. I think you may need to debug this further and figure out specifically which plugins are causing the undesired behavior.

Jay19

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't think all of that, with canceling turns, could be related to the Battle Status Window. I think you may need to debug this further and figure out specifically which plugins are causing the undesired behavior.
I took your advice and you were right. The turn blocking came from somewhere else, and I was able to solve it.
I still have to solve the display problem, even if it's less annoying.
I worked hard on the Yanfly plugin and managed to set the display of characters to 6 despite a maximum group size of 8. And contrary to what I thought, it didn't solve the problem.. .
Do you think it is possible to prevent the profile of certain characters from appearing in the combat menu?
I see a lot of lines that contain "$gameParty", and I don't really have much knowledge of java script but maybe if I modify one line at a time, I might end up getting what I want.
Once, on this forum, a member told me that by replacing in my game formula "allies.aliveMembers()" by "allies.aliveMembers().filter(function(m) {return m.actorId() <= 8})", this excludes mirror images because their ID is greater than 8.
Je pense qu'il pourrait y avoir un moyen de faire la même chose avec "$gameParty" (mais peut-être que les choses ne fonctionnent pas de cette façon). Je garde une sauvegarde du plugin intacte de toute façon.
Edit :
I ended up solving the problem by re-questioning the order of the plugins.
I had respected the order advised by Yanfly but the invocation plugin is from another author. I didn't think the order could do so much damage ^^"
After placing the summon plugin very high in the list, the problem is fixed.
Thank you for advising me, I was very locked in my idea

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Thunderstorm approaching: *rumble rumble*

Me: "Hmph... so.. you've come..."

And ONLY me: (adapts fighting stance) "...now show me your TRUE POWER!!!"

*Thunderstorm fizzles out. Sunshine and rainbows.*

Seriously, ONLY ME: "No! Come back! I.. I didn't mean..."
The black rose maiden! :kaopride:
vmTLAk8.jpg

Character: Aki Izayoi from Yugioh 5Ds.
Took some trial and error, but I managed to create "visuals" for underground dig path regions.
Couldn't sleep at all so I started working on the topmost deck. I've had to make several deviations from the Imperator/Berengaria's deck-plans to accommodate MV's movement, but 100% accuracy was never my intention.
Still no name for the poor ship...:kaodes:
Screenshot-2022-06-25-053308.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvrhrt