Quite.Toxick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone,

I've got a question regarding Yanfly's Buff & States Core.

I designed my game to start at low values for all the parameters (class base stats range from 1 to 4 at Lv 1, hp 30-60, mp 4-12) to have a more controlled and linear progression. 

Thus, starting with low numbers, I wanted to change the Buff formula from [Parameter * 0.25 + 1.0] to [Parameter * 0.25 + 2.0], so that buffs will have a more noticeable impact early game, when 25% of a parameter isn't really a lot. So at least you'd have +2.  

However, if I change the formula in the plugin manager, ALL stats from ALL actors get doubled (60 hpm --> 120 hp, etc.) without even any buff being applied to anyone...

I have no idea why this is. All plugins are up to date and in the order that Yanfly suggests on his homepage. 

Is there something in the plugin's stettings I might have overlooked? Has anyone experienced the same issue?

Thanks and have a great day! 

~QT

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Those numbers you are messing with are all percentages.

1.0 is = to 100%.

Therefore 2.0 = 200%.

If you want to change the effects of the buffs alone, change the 0.25 to something higher.  (That's 25% by the way.)

And yes, the buff formula affects everyone regardless of whether they have buffs currently or not.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The problem is the formula you used. You see, the buff formula is a decimal form of a percent, so parameter * 0.25 + 1.0 isn't adding 1 to the parameter, it is adding 100% of the parameter (1 is 100% in decimal form). So when you changed it to 2.0, you changed it to 200% being added to 25% of the parameter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quite.Toxick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
Ahh, okay, I see.

I already suspected that I misunderstood the formula.

I knew a buff raises the parameter value by 25%, I mean thats what the formula says, but I thought the +1 was a flat bonus, so they you will have at least a raise by +1, even if the parameter is lower than 4.

Hmm… Do you have any idea how to implement such a flat bonus?

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ahh, okay, I see.

I already suspected that I misunderstood the formula.

I knew a buff raises the parameter value by 25%, I mean thats what the formula says, but I thought the +1 was a flat bonus, so they you will have at least a raise by +1, even if the parameter is lower than 4.

Hmm… Do you have any idea how to implement such a flat bonus?

Not in the context of this Plugin. 

And to be frank, I think that since you use small number for your stats, the buff system is probably no good to you (without editing plugins yourself.)

I would suggest instead to use states that can increase a stat by say 150%.

Either that or raise your starting stats past 10 so that a 25% buff can have impact.

Quite.Toxick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
Hm, yeah, I guess you're right, sounds like the most sensible thing to do. States it is then ; ) 

Thanks for the feedback! 

Last edited by a moderator:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I *think* you can use states to add a flat bonus to a parameter with the Buff and States Core for MV, but not sure. May wish to check the notetags Yanfly has for it, as it would be done that way.

Quite.Toxick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
I *think* you can use states to add a flat bonus to a parameter with the Buff and States Core for MV, but not sure. May wish to check the notetags Yanfly has for it, as it would be done that way.

Meanwhile I found the notetag option (well, Yanfly stubbed my nose into it, to be exact).

It's in "Base Parameter Control", thou.

With the additional possibilities states offer in comparison to what a skill alone can do, I still have to figure out if using a buff is actually more viable when it comes to Defense than direct damage reduction via Physical/Magical Damage Rates...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

All new MZ Weather & Title updates are also RETRO'able for MV! Updated RETRO project will be released on same day I'll release updated MZ demo -project!

retro.png
Just lost about half a day's worth of work because rpg maker crashed during playtesting and corrupted my file :kaolivid:
Boku.gif
advanced_puzzling.PNG
Having a lot of fun making different poses for my character sets! Open to suggestions/critique!

CSKttqh.png

AABS laser beams features:
1,Shoot penetrating laser beams for player's normal attack
2,Beam's width/damage/comsumes/loot can be controlled by events/variables with great flexibility
3,Beam can rebound to walls or certain regionID
4,Can play SE when shooting beams
5,Beam's images can be solid images or animated ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adversary