Writer, Editor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all-

I was wondering if it's feasible for someone to make an add-on to Yanfly's plugins that, as the title says, treats a debuff as a state.

To give the situation; I have a fight right now where characters will experience an agility debuff. I have a skill that I'm designing to remove a single negative condition (except death), called 'Shake-Off'; I'd like it to be able to, well, shake off the debuff as well!

Right now I can have it remove a single negative using State Categories and having it 'Remove 1 State Category: Ailment', but I'm trying to figure out if there's a way I can either utilize a plug-in or just add some code for it to Eval. As such, this may not necessitate a full-plugin. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I don't know nearly enough Javascript to figure out the details, but I presume that one could do an if...else branch?

Either way, some help would be appreciated!

VeryXInh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Erm.. why don't you just remove it with default command?

artoni

Writer, Editor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The current design of the skill has it basically remove 1 bad status; this could be either a Debuff or Ailment. As far as I can tell, the default way of removing debuffs has you specify which one, egi- Str; not so useful if the one you're afflicted with is Agi.

In addition, let's say you have both a bad State/Ailment and a Debuff; from what I've grasped, if you have the remove Debuff in there, it'll do it as well as remove the state, assuming we're using the Yanfly plugin to Remove 1 State Category. If that makes sense. This is removing 2 negative conditions, as opposed to the just 1 I'm after; I'm after Either/Or.

...or am I blind and there's already a way to do this? If so, I'd love a screenshot. :kaoswt:

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
With some js know-how, you can do this pretty easily.

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey there.

The way I responded before was a little jerkish of me.
So to apologize, I made a plugin solution for you.

Place this one right under the State Categories one and follow the help instruction for the right function call.

Please let me know if there are any issues with it.

artoni

Writer, Editor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had figured it was fairly obvious I didn't have the JS know-how to do it, haha. But I appreciate you coming back on this and will give it a try right away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In today's seminar:
Presenter: In the past, there was a saying, "One who has tuberculosis is doomed for life." But now-"
Everyone: *starts coughing in unision*
Gosh... Today seems too much like a good day to do nothing....

I need to keep myself focused...! :kaoback:
javascript'ing essentials.

So, what can I do solve this problem, guys? The plugin is MOG_Weather and I have several Yanfly plugins too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinzBandicoot