RMMV Yanfly Buffs and States Core - user.gainHp(-x) not damaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyndi4U

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wait, this is a passive state? I totally missed that line in your original post...that's why I asked you back in post 12 if you were applying this state via a skill. I'm sorry for that, this whole thread was pointless.

Passive states don't have apply effects, because they are not applied/removed from an actor, only switched on and off.

You can go to my snippets post in my signature, I have a modification to the plugin to allow apply effects to work on passive states. I haven't tested it extensively, but you can give it a try.

The other alternative is if your actors have this state for the entire game, just make an autorun event on your first map that gives them the freezing counter variable. But then I'm curious about the remove state bit when TP is high enough, are you trying to do that to remove a passive state? That shouldn't work, either.

You should use that part to reset the freezing counter, and let the passive condition turn the state off.
I have a question about your snippets in your signature for the passive state fix. What you say to go to a line and add the code, do you mean go to that line, add another like, and then add the code, or do you mean literally make a new line that is that numbered line and adding it there?

ThreeSixNine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a question about your snippets in your signature for the passive state fix. What you say to go to a line and add the code, do you mean go to that line, add another like, and then add the code, or do you mean literally make a new line that is that numbered line and adding it there?
I copied the following from the thread:

• Add a line means you go to the specified line number, place your cursor at the end of that line, then press Enter and paste the code as a new line.
So for example, the first fix on line 419, you'll add a line below line 419. The code provided as the bug fix will be line 420.

It might also be a good idea to add a short comment on the same line using "//" so you know it was modified. This isn't such a huge deal since the plugin isn't going to be updated, but its good practice for when you are dealing with active plugins.

If you're dealing with an active plugin, an update would overwrite your bug fix. Unless the update addressed the bug, you'd probably want to go back and fix it. So its good to keep track of any manual changes you make, even going so far as to save copy of edited plugins in their own folder aside from your game project.

Also, if you find another bug that needs fixing, keeping track of added lines can help that as well, since after adding a line, your line counts may be off.

Cyndi4U

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wait, this is a passive state? I totally missed that line in your original post...that's why I asked you back in post 12 if you were applying this state via a skill. I'm sorry for that, this whole thread was pointless.

Passive states don't have apply effects, because they are not applied/removed from an actor, only switched on and off.

You can go to my snippets post in my signature, I have a modification to the plugin to allow apply effects to work on passive states. I haven't tested it extensively, but you can give it a try.

The other alternative is if your actors have this state for the entire game, just make an autorun event on your first map that gives them the freezing counter variable. But then I'm curious about the remove state bit when TP is high enough, are you trying to do that to remove a passive state? That shouldn't work, either.

You should use that part to reset the freezing counter, and let the passive condition turn the state off.
Ok, I've tried adding the changes in your plugin snippets, but I'm still getting NaN as the output, and the apply function still doesn't seem to be doing anything. When you said to save that bit as a plugin, I assumed it went below the Yanfly one, but when putting it below and above it still doesn't seem to work.

I'm wanting the state to be applied whenever a character goes below 5 TP, and it will start to drain their health faster and faster the longer it's applied. Is that something I can't do, or at least that would be better done in another way?

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ok, I've tried adding the changes in your plugin snippets, but I'm still getting NaN as the output, and the apply function still doesn't seem to be doing anything. When you said to save that bit as a plugin, I assumed it went below the Yanfly one, but when putting it below and above it still doesn't seem to work.

I'm wanting the state to be applied whenever a character goes below 5 TP, and it will start to drain their health faster and faster the longer it's applied. Is that something I can't do, or at least that would be better done in another way?
Rather than a custom apply effect, in the custom regenerate put this line at the beginning:

this._freezingCounter = this._freezingCounter || 1;

Cyndi4U

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Rather than a custom apply effect, in the custom regenerate put this line at the beginning:

this._freezingCounter = this._freezingCounter || 1;
That actually worked and it now completely works! Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

BCj
Looking for someone that can create custom-made balloon pop-ups for Escalia! Now posted in Classifieds - Requests
So, uh... I have to work on the MZ beta for one of the games to be made in Unite (since it's not out yet) because I'm planning to put it on Kickstarter. It involves escape rooms, twisted animatronics, and the SCP Foundation. Plus it takes place in a theme park, and it's NOT a "Five Nights" game. It's got virtual escape rooms, secret notes, and a twisted secret only the SCP should know.
Going live in 10 for Rise of the Third Power! Come and join me for ridiculous and inconsistent character voices, banter, the drinking of Irn Bru, the eating of cookies and wine gums, and possibly a dog! Twitch
holymothergames.png
Teen Rousalie! by @hyenakat
Having sweet eight hours dedicated ONLY to devving, so what do I do? :kaoswt:

SIX HOURS: Watch Resident Evil boss fight videos
TWO HOURS: Dev

All things come from God tho, sooo... procrastination = divine!:kaoluv: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EpiAureum