Yanfly Button Event plugin freezes player commands

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Zanorin, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Zanorin

Zanorin Warper Member

First Language:
    EN,IT,FR
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey all,
    I'm trying to use this plugin to fire a common event upon using a specific key. ( http://yanfly.moe/2016/01/23/yep-061-button-common-events/ )
    My goal is, when pressing a specific key, to ask the player if he wants to leave the game with a regular message box (Yes/No).

The issue is that whenever I activate this plugin (from OFF to ON in the plugins list), I can no longer control my character or do any action, he's just stuck there... This occurs even when deactivating all other plugins.

Any idea of why this is happening (or if you have another solution for firing an event on keypress, I'm all ears) ? I'm desperate :(

2. JamesRyan

JamesRyan Game Designer Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I guess you should check your Common Event to find out if it is an Autorun one. And never forget to turn off the conditions/event itself once it is done.

3. Zanorin

Zanorin Warper Member

First Language:
    EN,IT,FR
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I should've been more precise : what I do for now is I just activate the plugin, but I don't link any common event to any key yet, and the bug still occurs.

Please ask me if screenshots or further information is needed.

4. JamesRyan

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm using it fine. I guess you should make sure to arrange his plugins in order (from his website), or check for compatibility. Or in worse case, it conflicted with other plugins.

5. Zanorin

Zanorin Warper Member

First Language:
    EN,IT,FR
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The problem is that even when deactivating all other plugins the error still occurs... what do you mean by checking for compatibility ?

6. JamesRyan

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    In this case, it is hard to provide a solution. I don't think i have another idea for this. Hope someone else might figure this out.

7. Zanorin

Zanorin Warper Member

First Language:
    EN,IT,FR
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ok so I just created a new project, re downloaded the plugin and activated it, it freezes all user commands. How long ago did you download it (maybe the version that's online now doesn't work? could you C/C your plugin code ? :c )?
    I'm using RPG Maker 1.5.0, could that be the issue ?

8. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    How have you configured the plugin?
    Especvially with plugins like that it is absolutely neccessary to configure them correctly before the first playtest, just activating them without configuration has often a high chance of failure.

The problem is that it is by default using some common events or switches that are already in use - what you describe could easily be an autorun common event accidentally triggered because the configuration of the plugin does not fit your project.