Yanfly Chase Player Plugin Glitch - MV

Ispguy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So, I'm trying to make a game with monsters that roam on the overworld, and chase the player when they see them. Once the enemy comes into contact with them, the battle begins. Sort of like newer Dragon Quest games or the Mother series. Yanfly's Event Chase plugin seemed like an easy solution. However, I have a problem. any event with a character sprite glitches when they spot the player. For instance, when using the default Slime sprite, the enemy will spot you and chase you however when the enemy turns either to the left or right the sprite glitches. With half of an adjacent sprite showing up on top while another appearing on the bottom half. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Double check how you have set up your sprite sheets. Compare them to a default sheet.

Ispguy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Here's what the issue looks like:

SpritGlitch1 is what happens when it turns right.

SpriteGlitch2 is what happens when it turns left.

Attachments

Ispguy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Okay, so I've managed to fix it. The problem was that I was using Galv's Diagonal Direction Plugin, and the default RPG Maker sprites have no diagonals, despite me turning the diagonal sprites off in the parameters. Is there a way to fix this while keeping diagonal movement?

Tressenia

Fairy Indie Game Dev
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had this problem, too. For those who are still looking for a solution, I found this is the help file: "If this conflicts with other pathfinding plugins you might have, change 'Diagonal Mouse' setting to false." Once I did so, everything worked perfectly! Of course this means that players who prefer using the mouse to move won't be able to move diagonally, but this is a small price to pay in my opinion.
Annotation 2020-07-03 081752.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's my birthday! :kaoluv: Also, Cupcake is done and out(ill post about it in a couple of days, busy today)
Not to be greedy, but if anyone happens to have VX Ace or MV Resource steam keys that I don't have, lying around, I'd be happy to take them off your hands.
Got accepted into the architecture degree. Now I have all the doubting questions. Have to give them an answer in the next few days.
Just realized I have a few Steam gifts floating around. Anyone need RPG Maker MV or XP (Steam only)? Send me a message and I will send them on over!

EDIT: Just an RPG Maker MV gift remaining! XP has been taken.
*when you can do the Unity tutorials, but when you actually try and convert it to your own knowledge, it fails horribly*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guhh