raymi100

♥Pikachu♥
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hiya! So, I have this problem with Yanfly's Class Change Core that when I put the proper notetag in the actor box for the player to have a class unlocked by default, it gives me the skills of that class on top of the skills of the current class, even though I haven't selected that class yet. 

I've attached screenshots of my actor's notebox and of the issue itself. (The only skill my actor should have by default would be the Thunder skill)

Any help at all would be much appreciated~

Spoiler

screenshot1 (2).png

screenshot2 (2).png

Edit: Oopsies,  I put this in the wrong section :(  My bad! Could a mod please move it or something? And my deepest apologies...I'm new here and still figuring things out XD

Last edited by a moderator:

Riff

Eorzean
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello!

Normally i provide my answers in a check-list so you can go through them one by one easily. I hope you dont mind.

- When you unlocked a class for an actor, all level 1 skills will be learnt by default. If you want classes to have unique skills for themselves, you will need to either create multiple skill types or use lunatic mode - for example, custom skill show tag.

- Did you load from a save file? If your actor has learned a skill, what they have learnt will be saved even if you modified the database/plug-ins.

- Do you have any conflicting plug-ins that might modify skills learnt?

List can be longer, but these 3 will be a good start.

Hope that helps!

- Rifd

raymi100

♥Pikachu♥
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!

Normally i provide my answers in a check-list so you can go through them one by one easily. I hope you dont mind.

- When you unlocked a class for an actor, all level 1 skills will be learnt by default. If you want classes to have unique skills for themselves, you will need to either create multiple skill types or use lunatic mode - for example, custom skill show tag.

- Did you load from a save file? If your actor has learned a skill, what they have learnt will be saved even if you modified the database/plug-ins.

- Do you have any conflicting plug-ins that might modify skills learnt?

List can be longer, but these 3 will be a good start.

Hope that helps!

- Rifd

No, I didn't load from a save file, and I really don't want to have to use different skill types. :( That's really annoying. I already checked for conflicting plugins, and there are none. And I can't use lunatic mode because I know absolutely nothing about coding...is there anything else I could do? 

Riff

Eorzean
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Are these skills learnable by other classes unlocked by this actor?

raymi100

♥Pikachu♥
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are these skills learnable by other classes unlocked by this actor?

Yes. That's what's creating the problem, I think. But I dunno how to fix it. :(

Riff

Eorzean
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Like i mentioned earlier. If the skills are learnable at level 1, and your actor unlocked those classes already, she will be able to access those skills even in other classes.

Also, your actor saves whatever skills she learnt from any classes. So she can access any learnt skills regardless class she is in, as long as she can use that skilltype.

You really have to use Lunatic Mode if you dont wanna create unique skilltypes.

raymi100

♥Pikachu♥
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Like i mentioned earlier. If the skills are learnable at level 1, and your actor unlocked those classes already, she will be able to access those skills even in other classes.

Also, your actor saves whatever skills she learnt from any classes. So she can access any learnt skills regardless class she is in, as long as she can use that skilltype.

You really have to use Lunatic Mode if you dont wanna create unique skilltypes.

Oh, right. That really bites. :/ Is there anyone that could help me figure out how to use Lunatic Mode?

Riff

Eorzean
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh, right. That really bites. :/ Is there anyone that could help me figure out how to use Lunatic Mode?

Here's an example you can use:

<Custom Show Eval>
if (user._classId === 2) { visible = true; }
else { visible = false; }
</Custom Show Eval>

Just change the class id to the id of the class the skill is intended for. This will make the skill with this notetag visible and usable only by the defined class. Be sure to have Yanfly's Skill Core for this work.

Hope that helps!

- Riff

raymi100

♥Pikachu♥
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll try that! Thanks so much :D

Edit: Could I change that to actorId instead of classId? Just wondering :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Riff

Eorzean
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm not sure what's the exact function name, but you can try. I think it should exist too: actorId. :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Added a plugin to RMMV Plugin Releases with all relevant info but it looks like the topic wasn't approved for whatever reason. Cool.
Working in the IT industry:
- "How long does it take?".
- "It takes 1 month".
- "What if we add more people to the project?".
- "It would take 2 months".
Doing RPG Maker News for 16th September 2021

Stream is live! I am currently doing pixel art and will be practicing shading! Feel free to drop by!
wow, Surface Tension is really one MF of an FPS level huh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
metric