Yanfly class change, skill learning help!

wudup

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've installed and set up the yanfly class change system and it seems to be one step away from being perfect.

The scenario is that I get enough JP as a Healer to learn "Cure", GREAT, but for some reason my Wizard, warrior, thief etc classes can also use the skill despite me having

bought the skill for my Healer class.

What I want is if I buy "Cure" then the Actor can ONLY USE the skill if their class is equipped as a Healer or Paladin or something but access is denied to Wizards and Warriors.

All skill restriction scripts I find are ACTOR specific not CLASS specific, which is what changes with the class change script.

Is there any way I can do this within (any of) Yanfly's Scripts? Perhaps through standard methods? Or maybe another script exists that will cover this for me?

It would be the bees knees if anyone could help, thanks in advance!

Kest

The Ecstasy of Gold
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Using Yanfly Skill Core, place in skill notetags:

<Custom Show Eval>if (a._classId === X) { visible = true; }else { visible = false; }</Custom Show Eval>Where X is number of class you want to use skill

if (a._classId === X || a._classId === Y) { visible = true; }For multiple classes, do like above

Last edited by a moderator:

wudup

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah, I figured that was a possible solution but what i'm trying to restrict are not skill types but individual skills!

I'm not trying to restrict oh say, magic but rather the skill "Cure" itself, by doing this if I made a "red mage" style class it could learn both "white" and "black" magic but maybe it won't

be able to cast higher level versions of it.

kiriseo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Yeah, I figured that was a possible solution but what i'm trying to restrict are not skill types but individual skills!

I'm not trying to restrict oh say, magic but rather the skill "Cure" itself, by doing this if I made a "red mage" style class it could learn both "white" and "black" magic but maybe it won't

be able to cast higher level versions of it.
You could achieve something like that with skill types, too.

Let's say "Cure" is "White magic".

You set both, the red mage and the white mage, to use "White Magic".

Now you can make a "Cure II" and make it, e.g. "High White Magic" and set only the white mage to use it. B)

But the <Custom Show Eval> approach is simpler ;)

wudup

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You could achieve something like that with skill types, too.

Let's say "Cure" is "White magic".

You set both, the red mage and the white mage, to use "White Magic".

Now you can make a "Cure II" and make it, e.g. "High White Magic" and set only the white mage to use it. B)

But the <Custom Show Eval> approach is simpler ;)
Actually I wanted to thank you, Thanks to you I was able to come up with a neat idea with different Magic types "IE black and white magic" while still being able to restrict what type of magic in each catagory each class was able to learn

using <Custom Show Eval> which lead to some very neat and easy to follow organizing!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am feeling better about my update schedule, I feel like I am actually getting consistent work done even if it isn’t big updates.
It's a joy to work on a well-made map. I am not regretting this commission in the least!
I'm currently being attacked by the RPG Maker Hydra: fixing one problem only to have two more rise to take its place.
Hey you! Yeah YOU! Whatcha doin' not backing up your projects? You a masochist or sumthin'? GO BACK UP YOUR PROJECTS! Sheeesh... Didn't think I'd hafta spell it out for yas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lavdiasmylove