Yanfly Class system issue

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by Sanguine Persona, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Sanguine Persona

Sanguine Persona Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hi all,

I am currently working on a game and am using Yanfly's class system. I am setting up a system where each class acts as a school of magic you take lessons in. So what i would really like to do is be able to access the class levels as a variable so I can set events and branches based off of your class levels.

Ideally I would then be able to have the lesson add skills to the class directly, but i can just add it with the learn skills script, but that means the player would have to learn it manually which isn't the best but would still be fine.

Inn the worst case scenario I can use a hidden skills script and add some invisible skills to the Class at the levels I want to check for then base my events based on the character knows that skill. But that's really inelegant as having a way to solve the issue more directly would be really nice.

Thanks in advance

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I've moved this thread to Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Please add a link to the website of the script you want help with, no one can help without checking that script.

3. Sanguine Persona

Sanguine Persona Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
  4. Demrottens

Demrottens don't call me that Veteran

First Language:
    Romanian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Okay so I think I got it:
    You start and you set all your "Fire magic", "ice magic" etc variables to 1, every class has a teacherteaching event and conditional branches for every magic type level of hability
    Then you enter fire magic class and teacher teaches you whatever, after the scene "fire magic" variable is set to += (which means one more), then you go to the class again and add one and so BUT if your fire magic level reaches say 4 then the next time you go to learn fire magic you use the change skill command to player learn "blahblah" skill. Also, you can make the teacher say I have nothing else to teach you when you reach x level of hability

Then if you want to learn more fire magic you have to beat bossx or dungeony or questblahblah or whateverhurrhurr

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017