Yanfly Combat Systems Still Functional?

Yeseylon

Regional Manager of OH LOOK A BUTTERFLY
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, new to RPG Maker, been lurking and learning the program. Thinking ahead to starting my first real game next month and considering using CTB rather than Standard, and I'm wondering-

I know Yanfly is no longer supporting alternate combat systems, but are they still functional? Has anyone run into major issues using them yet?

Last edited:

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use the ATB system (also "not supported") and it works just fine. Technically though, one could argue that all of Yanfly's plugins are no longer supported since he retired, although "not supported" doesn't necessarily mean "nonfunctional." They all still work just fine.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[MOVE]Javascript/Plugin Support[/MOVE]

jkweath

Goes Fast
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
My understanding is that Yanfly's alternative battle system plugins (ATB, STB, CTB I think) should all be fully functioning, but you'll need to thoroughly test whichever system you use with whatever combination of plugins you have for compatibility issues. I would assume that they would work just fine as long as you don't use any battle-modifying plugins outside of Yanfly's plugins. I could be wrong though, I've never tried them personally.

The plugins stray far enough from MV's base system that ironing out every potential problem would've taken too much time, which is why Yanfly stopped supporting them long before they retired. If you're interested in ATB, I believe there's a couple other users who've made ATB plugins too.

Yeseylon

Regional Manager of OH LOOK A BUTTERFLY
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry @Kes , still getting the lay of the land. This probably won't be the last time you move one of my threads lol

I'll probably gamble on using Yanfly's CTB system if that stuff works fine with the rest of the plugins, seems like that whole package is pretty thorough. Thanks for the help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

stock analyst lady
Well, since I'm in lockdown, I guess it's finally time to get serious into rpgmaking... almost 20 years later.
Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FIL