Lovable Rogue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone,

I haven't been able to find much information on this, so apologies if there is an easy solution I have overlooked. I am currently using Yanfly's Common Event Menu plugin (http://yanfly.moe/2016/05/06/yep-98-common-event-menu-rpg-maker-mv/)

However, I wanted to use the common event menu to create a lore and history entry log, so players will have access to history about the game's world. Due to this, each entry has a lot of text. However, when creating the entries, since it requires using the Comment function, the text does not wrap automatically. This would not be such a huge issue normally, as I would just do a line break whenever the text would extend too far, but Comments are limited to only 5 lines it seems. So that's not a viable option for this.

In Yanfly's videos, I see that there is a multitude of text on some of his examples using this plugin. Is there something I am missing here? I am using Yanfly's Message Core (http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/10/yep-2-message-core/) for reference as well, in case that matters.

I have attached a screenshot of the issue in question (I tried to use 'EnableWordWrap' as well as you can see, and even tried it as a Plugin Command).

Let me know if I can provide any more info that might help with this. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• no-word-wrap.JPG
    no-word-wrap.JPG
    364.7 KB · Views: 23

esterk

Lovable Rogue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bumping this to see if anyone has any idea of how to fix this. It’s not just word wrap that doesn’t function, it’s any text codes at all as well. It feels like I’ve tried everything I can think of but there has to be a way to get this working.

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why don't you try Yanfly's Message Core? That might help you out, plus you can expand the message box or use Plugin commands to extend the lines of text shown inside of it.

esterk

Lovable Rogue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the reply!

I am actually using Yanfly's Message Core. The problem I'm having is that it doesn't seem like the Message Core works in Comment tags in Common Events. Any text codes from the Message Core don't seem to take effect, and the word wrapping that the plugin should add isn't working either, even if using the Plugin Command: EnableWordWrap

This seems to counter what Yanfly shows in the videos of the Common Event Menu he has posted, since it speciaiflly says that text codes can be used (if I remember correctly) so I'm not sure why these two plugins aren't working in conjunction for me. I'm not sure if maybe there is a setting I am missing or what, but it feels like I've tried everything.

artoni

Writer, Editor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can tell you that bolding and the like is working for me. The only thing that I'm having trouble with is my TL;DR nonsense.

upload_2019-1-12_5-56-24.png
upload_2019-1-12_6-3-24.png

If you're having trouble with coloring the main items - aka "People" - my comment was <Menu Name: \C[6]People\C[0] >

Alternatively? Try using <WordWrap> tags around your information.

Last edited:

esterk

Lovable Rogue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Somehow I missed that <WordWrap> was a command - I have been trying every variation of EnableWordWrap instead. This works perfectly now! :)

artoni

Writer, Editor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Happy to help! ♥

esterk

Lovable Rogue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One other question - how did you get some of those entries to be subentries? Did you just add spaces before the word?

artoni

Writer, Editor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, exactly. Note they're still in the display order for ease, otherwise I'd have to go something like 60, 51, 23, 61 while telling it what events to show.

esterk

Lovable Rogue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Alberest so far, got a lot done but still ALOT left to do.
Wish I had a better means of taking screenshots...
Map is 148x98

concept: zombie slayer fest.

Lag because of outdated hardware.

Lots todo:
-Terrax lightning should have another step for the flashlight, between up down left right.
-Also Online mv from Nelderson should emit the flashlight from the other player.
-Animation needed for killing the zombie...
Before adding it to #crypchania.
Working on a case. Get all the evidence to prosecute some bad guys. :kaojoy:
But, the game development schedule delayed. :kaoswt2:
The moral of the story: No good deed goes unpunished... I guess...
Except that, nothing to see here. :kaoswt2:
just beat ff7 original for the first time since 2010. having played remake last year, I have a much better appreciation for the original oddly enough. I still like some of the character presentation in remake more, but the original's got a lot going for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PunchMaster