Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey all,

I'm suddenly getting an error whenever my characters go to attack while in the Side-View battles

"Failed to execute 'createLinearGradient' on 'CanvasRenderingContext2D': Float parameter3 is non-finite"

ErrorCode_zpsldi9krjt.png

Does anyone have an idea on why this might be happening and how to go about resolving it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you made any script mods? Are you using any plugins?

Eilwyn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using the "Yanfly Core Plugin (YEP_CoreEngine)"

Only thing I've touched in their so far though is to change the resolution.

EDIT: It happens even with the plugin turned OFF AND also happens using the Front View system ><

Hendrin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
No guarantee but if you hit f8 while you have your game up and at the error, it will give you console log which might point you to the plugin in question. 

Eilwyn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, when I have the Console open when the error occurs, I get

ErrorPart2_zpshp69jbpn.png

As a quick note though, even if I turn the YEP_CoreEngine Plugin off, I still get the error.  Furthermore, if I delete all optional plugins from my game completely, I also still get the error.

Hendrin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Weird seems the plug in is still enabled going by the error.

Not at my computer at the moment but in your project folder somewhere there should be a plugin.js, see if the plug in is still listed in there.

Will double check once I get back home were the file is.

Eilwyn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I appreciate the link to the updated version of the Yanfly Core Engine plugin but, unfortunately, I can still replicate the error, even when I'm using 0 Plugins.

tars

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I'm getting the same error. whenever my slime uses the hit fire animation.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to Javascript/Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

kuzai

Rain
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so no one knows how to fix this error I guess? Because I just got this error as well and I wasn't even using any of these plugins suggested. It worked fine before but suddenly using the absorb animation causes it to crash with this error.

Anime_Fusion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I appreciate the link to the updated version of the Yanfly Core Engine plugin but, unfortunately, I can still replicate the error, even when I'm using 0 Plugins.
I'm also getting this same error. It's when I cast an animation that heals my mp. Not sure exactly what it is that's causing it, but it sucks. Hope somebody figures it out.

Anime_Fusion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I figured out the issue. I had my skill set to MP Damage and my effect was MP recover. I believe it has to do with the option, MP Damage. I didn't have any code set to base the damage, so it probably screwed up the game. If you do MP damage you would probably have to set a formula, a.atk *3 or something to associate the MP damage or whatever. Hope this helps. It has to do with the skill settings not the animation.

Pineapple Gamers

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm also getting the same error but only when the enemies attack. This error doesn't happen if the attack misses though. Whenever the player does the same attack it works perfectly fine. I don't see a difference at all between the player attacking and the enemy and even if I make my own enemy to be exactly like the player in stats, skills, and traits but the error will still only happen when the enemy attacks.

DarkDesu

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Had this error and couldn't figure out why it was happened. Turned out I had messed up a damage formula for Fire. Instead of a.mat, I had put a.matk.

Double check all your formulas and see if any of the paramaters are wrong.

pincaviglia86

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I've moved this thread to Javascript/Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.
Shaz...How about putting up a diagram of where this should go and that should go. I feel for these people, and it appears that stuff gets moved around this forum more than circus tents. I am having the same problem , and just like someone else here, I see that this error still appears with plugins turned off. That being what it is, why are you insisting on moving this to the "plugins" department??!!  The admins on this forum seem to be long on chastising people for posting stuff in the wrong place, and short on answers. I have already written to enterbrain about how people are treated here, but just like "having to figure out what posts go where, I don't know whether enterbrain or whatever that "K" company is (i forget) is the correct place to write to. I see bug threads locked off, indicating that you guys either (a) are indifferent to all the bugs, or(b)don't know  what to do about most of them. From day one, when I got raked over the coals by a couple of the "Holier than thou" "advanced" members, all the way to now, I have  seen a lot of things that seem to indicate that one branch of these forums doesn't know what the other branch is doing. If you posted a "program" as to where what goes where...I think that would help two things: (1) it would eliminate folks, who don't know stuff until they are told(because they are not mind readers) from being warned, chastised , or whatever you want to present it as. and more importantly...it would result in posts not being hidden or sandwiched between "layers" of "thread movement". I have been reading a lot lately, and most everyone who reports bugs or other things here, seems to be sincerely "just trying to state things the way they see them". How can they get prompt and precise answers, when they get their stuff moved around so much? Also, do you not think that some of those folks might feel a little slighted when, instead of answers to legitimate questions being foremost (as should be) on the minds of the admins...the admins seem to be more concerned with moving threads, pounding rules into heads, and saying "that has already been addressed'' or "we have noted that". and so on and so on. Do you think that when people spend countless hours doing a project, only to have their game freeze after battles...that what they want to hear is "I'm moving this thread? Something like  that is a "MAJOR" problem!! Not some little something like "a menu closed on me prematurely", or some other minor thing. If your programmers do not have a clue as to what is "REALLY" causing this major problem, other than blaming it on plugins, and passing the buck by moving it to another layer (i.e. kicking the can down the road)...then come out and say so. I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out that the ones experiencing this, want to know why, and don't care much about excuses, or whether or not they posted in the right place. Maybe this post is not endearing to the admins, but I believe this kind of serious and game-breaking error should be priority one...and not a two-month long now "we need to get these slow down fixed first" campaign.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It was kinda hard to read your posts, but here's what happened.

1. When MV came out, the forums had to be moved around. That's the last one. Nobody is getting warned. The Blue text IS the guide for people to remember. If we're seriously warning everyone, the Mod will write a personalized text than a macro. And usually in red text.

2. It's in Javascript/Plugins department because it's related to that. If it's the engine itself that's another issue. But if it's something you get when test playing, then it means it's a possible issue in the core scripts.

3. When a person posts in the forum for the first time, they will be forced to follow the threads they created until they change their settings on the forum. You can also set this up. You can also find your content in your profile and see your last posted topics.

4. We cannot fix bugs until we know why they are happening. MV has been out for more than 2 months on my side as a beta tester and I haven't encountered this bug once. And when the opening is something related to Yanfly, the first question if it's a plugin caused. You can also contact the real tech support team if you want it to be a lot more personal. KADOKAWA and Degica are running differently. Emailing Enterbrain/KADOKAWA would get you nowhere. If you had issues with some members or forum moderators, then you have to contact an admin. Which is stated in our rules over here and at the bottom of the forums named Forum Rules.
As for this topic, the only time I've seen this error from other reports is because of Battle Formulas. If you can post your battle formula over here then we might be able to replicate the issue.

pincaviglia86

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
It was kinda hard to read your posts, but here's what happened.

1. When MV came out, the forums had to be moved around. That's the last one. Nobody is getting warned. The Blue text IS the guide for people to remember. If we're seriously warning everyone, the Mod will write a personalized text than a macro. And usually in red text.
  2. It's in Javascript/Plugins department because it's related to that. If it's the engine itself that's another issue. But if it's something you get when test playing, then it means it's a possible issue in the core scripts.
  3. When a person posts in the forum for the first time, they will be forced to follow the threads they created until they change their settings on the forum. You can also set this up. You can also find your content in your profile and see your last posted topics.
  4. We cannot fix bugs until we know why they are happening. MV has been out for more than 2 months on my side as a beta tester and I haven't encountered this bug once. And when the opening is something related to Yanfly, the first question if it's a plugin caused. You can also contact the real tech support team if you want it to be a lot more personal. KADOKAWA and Degica are running differently. Emailing Enterbrain/KADOKAWA would get you nowhere. If you had issues with some members or forum moderators, then you have to contact an admin. Which is stated in our rules over here and at the bottom of the forums named Forum Rules.
As for this topic, the only time I've seen this error from other reports is because of Battle Formulas. If you can post your battle formula over here then we might be able to replicate the issue.
I am confused even more now, after reading this. in (no.1), you said "that's the last one". I do not understand what that is in reference to. Do you mean by last one, that no more branches will develop on the forums? or does it mean something else? in (no.2) I do not understand no.2 at all. You said that "it's in" the javascript department. Then you contradicted your own statement by saying at the end : "but if it's from play-testing, then it means it's in the core engine"

which is it...javascript or the core engine? saying one thing at the beginning and another at the end is quite confusing. (no. 3) I understand (No.4) you said you have not encountered this problem in 2 months. I believe that completely, because I, myself have not incurred this problem  in two months. that's because It just happened today to me, Overall, I get the basic gist of your reply...it is just the things I pointed out here that are confusing to me. As for posting my battle formulas, what do you mean by "over here". is "over here" this page? or somewhere else? To be honest, I am reluctant to post anything anymore in these forums. I will admit that, you at least tried to clear things up, and I admire your effort to do so. You have to understand my reluctance to post things going forward,though... until I can be dead sure that I am not posting in the wrong place. As for the "blue text" reference....I tried that a few times, and one of those links put me on a page that was miles away from where I wanted to be. It said something like "follow this here" or something to that effect...and when I went there, the posters were discussing something entirely different. Anyway, I appreciate the effort, but forgive me if I don't contact tech support. or any of the admins. I am confused enough as it is. I suppose my only three choices (at least for now) are to either hope for a solution, start a new project, or go back to Ace. 

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you please not write walls of text? Break it up with punctuation and paragraphs. And someone's support thread is not the place to be asking stuff like this anyway.

pincaviglia86

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Can you please not write walls of text? Break it up with punctuation and paragraphs. And someone's support thread is not the place to be asking stuff like this anyway.
sorry for posting walls of text in a support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

How would you judge a game you played? Art/Graphics? Story? Gameplay?
Learn MV sales goal = 2%
NSFW game sales goal = 2500% (no jokes) :guffaw:
After gathering, sorting out & reconsidering hundreds of enemy battlers over the last two das, finally my favorite part begins: Inventing names and lore for them all :D
I'm running a sale for Learn RPG Maker MV on Itch.io, can I compete with NSFW games earning goals?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonTonyPepperoni