FlashMagic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
i get this window popping up everytime I playtest the game. is there a paramater I have set wrong or something else that would be causing this?
1627429301990.png

SeaPhoenix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's the developer's console that helps you to debug the game if you run into issues. You can prevent it from popping up automatically by going to the Plugin Manager > double-clicking on Yanfly Core Engine > under the "Screen" parameters on the right-hand side, you'll see "Open Console". Just set that equal to false.

Note that you can also open this console when playtesting by pressing F8. Errors in your game are reported under the "Console" tab.

Edit: I just noticed that you posted this under MZ but you say you're using Yanfly Core Engine (which is an MV plugin). Anyway, if you're using Visustella Core Engine instead, the steps should be similar.

FlashMagic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
[edit] I actually can not find that anywhere in the plug in parameters >.<
i didnt know there was a difference because i was told to go to yanflys site. but it is visustella []

ooooooo, I heard the video say it helped you find bugs...i didnt know that was the window, I am not a coder, so i assumed the plugin wasn't working as planned. thanks for help!

SeaPhoenix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For Visustella Core Engine, the relevant parameter is under Quality of Life Settings > Play Test > Open Console on Boot (set that equal to false).

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Thank you.

Also check the Console tab and see if there is a message there. Even if you have that option turned off, the plugin might force it open if you have an error somewhere (like an incorrect version or a missing plugin that's also required). Just make sure it's not there for a reason first.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Well... it's been a while since I was last here :kaoswt: I don't want to say I'm officially 'back' yet, but I've recently started working with RM again, so I might become active here again :kaohi:
Mmmm I love Coca Cola candy! :kaoluv:
aaaand my power is out. I sometimes think that I'm cursed.
A surprising number of plugins have appeared for MZ since last year. I'm currently making a "shopping list" so that I'll know what I need to test when I switch over to MZ later this year. Much of it is stuff updated from MV plugins, but there are also a good number of new things. It'll be fun to test it all out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxsin