undertow6722

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I looked at this troubleshooting page. I followed the first step, the instructions were literally just two lines of text. I followed the second step, I made a new project, the windows still showed up at basic 192 opacity. I (sort of) followed the third and fourth steps, the only plugin I have is the Core Engine. I followed the fifth step, I have the most current version of MV available on Steam. I don't know what else to do, and what's funny is that other aspects of the plugin DO work, like text color and alignment.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how about you tell us what you want to do, what you did and what happened instead of listing general bughunting steps?

For example we don't even know what feature you want to use where exactly, because there are different opacity forms and they need to be handled depending on what you want to be opaque.
For example if the engine itself has a function for something, then Yanfly rarely changed that - and there are a lot of opacity settings in the engine.
and what numbers did you set for what effect?

And please give us a screenshot of your plugin manager with all plugins listed.

undertow6722

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I deleted all the standard plugins that come with a new project. I don't think this is what's causing the problem though since I made a new project without removing them and still had the problem.
1634408548522.png
The only value I've got changed is for window opacity. I figured changing this setting would affect all windows in the game, so I don't know if I need to use another one of their plugins. 1634408829066.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you still haven't said what your problem is - which specific opacity you want to affect in which way.

Because that setting is not for everything...

undertow6722

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My problem is that I want to make every single window in the game fully black, full opacity without any transparency like NES-era games, and this plugin, which is the only solution to that I could find after searching online, isn't working. I've only changed the one 'window opacity' parameter because that's the only one that looked obvious to me for what I'm trying to do.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
your problem is your assumption that there is any opacity in the regular menu, and if I remember correctly that is wrong.
Iirc the background you see in the menu isn't the map at all - it is a screenshot of the map modified to become the menu background.
So instead of changing a non-existing opacity you'll need a plugin that changes the menu background into using a black picture instead of that automatic screenshot of the current map.

I think there were some plugins for using a picture for a menu background - you'll have to search for these and then simply use a pure black picture.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Thank you.

undertow6722

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nevermind, I solved my problem by creating my own windowskin.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sizzle sizzle sizzle...
zbf1dCZ.gif
Sharing my past was a mistake. Will delete the post when I get access to a working internet connection again.
TFW you get a plugin working correctly with your other plugins ♡\( ̄▽ ̄)/♡

(CW for minor gore - Einar's Y incision is gone for his test portrait)

Cs5kAbZ.png
Doing some winter related edits for a cozy cottage!
I think it's the third time I am changing my skill info plugin, but as I get better at programming, I want to fix the trash I made earlier :p

Streaming while I am programming the plugin. Join in if you wish :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
schuzz6