Yanfly Critical Control question

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
There's a field that says "Flat Critical Formula" and by default it has some formula that seems to add a bonus based on the user's luk and the target's luk.

If I were to remove the default formula, and instead put this: value += target.maxhp * 0.1

Would this make it so that on a critical hit, 10% of the target's maxhp is added to the damage? And would this damage be factored in AFTER the normal damage formula?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to Plug-In Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Plugin link for reference: http://yanfly.moe/2015/11/08/yep-26-critical-control/

It's mhp, not maxhp; otherwise you have the right idea! :kaojoy:

The default formula reads:
Code:
value += ((baseDamage >= 0) ? 1 : -1) * 1.5 * user.luk + bonus;
This says "if the skill does damage, start with a value of 1, else (healing) start with a value of -1; then multiply by 150% of the user's luk stat before adding any bonus flat crit". Actually, that's odd, I wonder why the bonus (from notetags) isn't being multiplied by +|- 1? :kaoswt2:

Anyway. So, if you're using any flat crit notetags then you may want to consider a formula like this instead:
Code:
value += target.mhp * 0.1 + bonus
...and if you have any crit-enabled healing skills, maybe extend that:
Code:
value += ((baseDamage >= 0) ? 1 : -1) * (target.mhp * 0.1 + bonus)
And yes, by default the flat crit is step 81 in Damage Core (prerequisite), whereas crit multiplier is step 31, so flat crit applies after crit mult unless you've changed that. :kaophew:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
Castle is my Biggest Fear :kaodes:. I just Managed make Part by Part (like the Entrance only),not the Entire Castle like in the RM Sample...
This video really speaks to me...

Stream will be live shortly with a session of the interactive text adenture! Feel free to drop by!
I worked a lot more today and I am thinking about Youtube videos to make to my channel, but I am still looking for some content :D

But I am happy to be back at work :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dgb