Yanfly Critical Control question

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by jonthefox, Jun 18, 2019.

1. jonthefox

jonthefox Veteran Veteran

There's a field that says "Flat Critical Formula" and by default it has some formula that seems to add a bonus based on the user's luk and the target's luk.

If I were to remove the default formula, and instead put this: value += target.maxhp * 0.1

Would this make it so that on a critical hit, 10% of the target's maxhp is added to the damage? And would this damage be factored in AFTER the normal damage formula?

2. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

I've moved this thread to Plug-In Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

jonthefox likes this.
  3. caethyril

caethyril ^_^ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Plugin link for reference: http://yanfly.moe/2015/11/08/yep-26-critical-control/

It's mhp, not maxhp; otherwise you have the right idea! :kaojoy:

The default formula reads:
    Code:
    value += ((baseDamage >= 0) ? 1 : -1) * 1.5 * user.luk + bonus;
    This says "if the skill does damage, start with a value of 1, else (healing) start with a value of -1; then multiply by 150% of the user's luk stat before adding any bonus flat crit". Actually, that's odd, I wonder why the bonus (from notetags) isn't being multiplied by +|- 1? :kaoswt2:

Anyway. So, if you're using any flat crit notetags then you may want to consider a formula like this instead:
    Code:
    value += target.mhp * 0.1 + bonus
    ...and if you have any crit-enabled healing skills, maybe extend that:
    Code:
    value += ((baseDamage >= 0) ? 1 : -1) * (target.mhp * 0.1 + bonus)
    And yes, by default the flat crit is step 81 in Damage Core (prerequisite), whereas crit multiplier is step 31, so flat crit applies after crit mult unless you've changed that. :kaophew:

jonthefox likes this.