Yanfly Doodads as a built in feature

Discussion in 'Editor Suggestions and Improvement' started by KaBlooZio, Feb 12, 2017.

?

Would you like this feature?

1. Yes

150 vote(s)
    87.2%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. Yes, but not important

17 vote(s)
    9.9%
  1. feckyeslife

feckyeslife Sleepy Cat Mom

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Even if this wouldn't be possible to integrate into the editor as an overall edit, I would think that perhaps it would be possible to integrate into the new Tools API for a smoother experience?

2. Jomarcenter

Jomarcenter jomarcenter games

First Language:
    ENGLISH
    yup and we got yanfly permission for this. So I think someone should make a new tool since it much more compatible and convience then what yanfly did.

feckyeslife likes this.
  3. TomatoKing

TomatoKing Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is so up the in the top suggestions that I hope they are at least looking into the possibility of adding it.

It would push the map editor forward a huge deal into current times.

Here's, how I think it could look (grabbed jomarcenter screencap because I don't have RM installed):
    Doodadd.jpg

4. RetroBoy

RetroBoy Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This.

Sal-O-Mac and kaukusaki like this.
  5. KaBlooZio

KaBlooZio The Blue Magi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hey, to my knowledge, it hasn't been stated weather or not we can make our own MV tools. But perhaps one could be made that opens a separate adjustable map editor, with all the features of main one!? Owwo that would be awesome! I love all the possibilities of these MV tool!

LTN Games likes this.
  6. BubbleMatrix82

BubbleMatrix82 Norm Rejecting Black Sheep

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If Yanfly is going to be a key player to RPG Maker's success (as Yanfly has been) I totally agree that this should be built in to the editor.

Honestly, all of Yanfly's plugins should be a part of the engine. As well as all the underground plugins that are in the nooks and crannies of forums all around the internet. Collect all of the plugins and offer them in a "Available Plugins" browser which gets updated when the RPG Maker MV patches on Steam. It doesn't have to be necessarily integrated so much as it just has to be in one place so we don't have to go to the Yanfly website except to learn how it's used.

But ultimately, it should be built into the engine since people don't want to JUST make (offline) FF/DQ games.

7. BubbleMatrix82

BubbleMatrix82 Norm Rejecting Black Sheep

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The fact this has so many votes only proves my point that the RPG Maker MV engine needs to have these things built into it. What's the point of having an overly simplistic engine if the vast majority of users are bloating it themselves by adding a bunch of plugins that should be incorporated at the native level?

Side note: If we are going to include Yanfly's, then we would need all of the plugins from the various other communities around on the wild web too. Just have a huge repository of plugins in one spot so we can have access to them and know EXACTLY what they do and how they can be edited and where to edit them.

8. mlogan

mlogan I am not sir, mr., dude or bro

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

@BubbleMatrix82 , please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Also, please keep on the topic of this post, not subjects from other topics.

9. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'

First Language:
    Tagalog
    Basically, what we need is "free-placement" of tiles instead of this whole grid based tile placement. XD

The Stranger likes this.
  10. Liquidize

Liquidize Caffeine Overload

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi everyone, I have some questions.
    • How many layers would you realistically want for decorations? Is just one enough?
    • Would you want the decorations to be animated if it calls for it? (e.g: waterfall tile, or water tile, etc)
    • Would a limit for a maximum amount of decorations per map be okay? If it is so needed for performance reasons.
    • If yes to the above, what do you think you would realistically need the limit to be per map, for your own game?
    • What would you like the GUI in the editor to look like, can anyone make some proposals?
    I have some ideas for the GUI myself, but I am looking to see what you are all looking for out of this improvement. Please answer the questions realistically. Please note, I am only gathering intel at this point and additional feedback, and me asking these things does not guarantee the addition of this improvement to the engine.

EDIT: I am aware of the GUI screenshot above, I am just looking for some more if you all have any.

Thanks,
    - Liquidize

11. ashikai

ashikai Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Liquidize I definitely can't speak for most people, but I use TileD to build my maps and I usually use at least 12 layers. That said, I'm building an isometric game which simply requires more layers; if I was to work orthagonal, I'd end up using maybe half that, so 5-6/

12. Pine Towers

Pine Towers Knight Hospitaller

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello, @Liquidize , hope you can help us achieving an even better RPG Maker!

A Layer button near to the Map and Event buttons. The button would have a space for its number (so the button have a small 1,2,3 depending on the layer currently selected) and next to it two small +/- buttons (for new users), on on top of each other, to easily navigate through layers. Left clicking the layer button itself increases the layer by one, right clicking lowers it by one for makers that don't like to click small +/- buttons.

Can make a mock-up if needed.

The limit should be relative to the size of the map. Maybe the square root of its total squares, so a map of 16x16 would be limited to 16.

Answered above, but it should be a soft limit. Using more than the recommended limit should pop a message that says (You exceeded the recommended limit of doodads. This can impact performance for lesser powerful machines. Continue?) and if the maker wishes to continue it, let them do it. For easy of UX, change the color of the Layer button (see first answer) from green to red to visually show the maker he went over the limit for that map so, if he wishes, he can erase some until the button returns to green (and thus, to the recommended limit).

Yes. Waterfalls, grass moving with the wind, fire light, butterflies flying around flowers, neon sights blinking... This helps a lot to fulfill even other request...

At least 5 (one below floor, one on the floor, one player/wall, one over player/roof, and one over everything).

nio kasgami likes this.
  13. Liquidize

Liquidize Caffeine Overload

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Pine Towers likes this.
  14. Isaac The Red

Isaac The Red RedMage

First Language:
    Gibberish
    With the new MV tools features, this could be an editor extension, but along with this idea, I'd really like to see more layers and the ability to turn off auto-layering. But that would be a fundamental change to the engine for displaying the maps too so I don't know how feasible that is. @_@

15. Poryg

Poryg Pixie of the Emvee kingdom

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi, Liquidize :)
    Realistically the MV layer system uses 10 layers. I would go for at least 5, 2 below hero, one same as hero and two above hero, because sometimes there are items that just have to be higher than others and on same layer it's sometimes hard to force them.
    It's always better to have that possibility.
    If the devs want to destroy their game, it's their choice and we don't have any rights to say no to it. Not to mention...
    I've had 2000 unanimated PIXI.Sprites on the map. They did not affect the performance at all. Animating these 2000 sprites dropped the frame rate to 4, but without animation all was fine. 3000 PIXI.Sprites dropped my frame rate to 40 FPS. Of course PIXI.Sprites loaded through PIXI are different from CPU manipulated doodads...
    When I tried to use regular doodads, I had 150 on my map... No performance influence there.
    In case you're wondering, my PC specs are:
    CPU 4x1.6 GHz
    4 GB RAM
    An integrated graphical chip, 512 MB memory
    So I guess no limit is neccessary.

Doodads mode button next to Event mode. When you enter doodads mode, ABCDER gets swapped for doodad layers. Instead of the tileset we'll have a spider of doodad folder, with miniature png files showing doodads.

16. Rishi Raj Jain

Rishi Raj Jain Pokemon MV Maker

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Yanfly that's so humble of you.

Also there are some issue/bugs in your Icon Generator v1.02
    I have mentioned in the post, please refer the link to check it.
    https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...generator-how-to-add-icons.60536/#post-794813

Yanfly I'm posting it here because it's too hard to contact you. You can send me a Pm, as I can't start a conversation with you (don't know why?) And I will explain you there.