Yanfly Doodads issue.

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by padr81, Mar 17, 2017.

1. padr81

padr81 Guy whose game is taking too long. Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi guys I'm having a serious issue with Yanfly's doodad plugin.
    The problem seems to be with the plug in not knowing which doodad to draw or something. I can't sent Yanfly a bug report as he/she won't deal with any projects that aren't default assets and I think the fact my sprites are so big might be part of the issue.

It seems the plugin gets confused on which asset to draw on top and keeps drawing one over the top of the other or something.
    I'd really appreciate any help thought on how to solve this because my entire game is mapped with doodads.

2. kovak

kovak Silverguard Veteran

First Language:
    PT - EN
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You know you can organize them using layers, right?
    Idk how this happened but if you change their priority via layers it may solve the issue.
    Some bugs may happen if you made changes in the pixi files too.

3. padr81

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    They are sorted by layer unfortunately and it still happens. I think it may be to do with the size of them.

4. Pine Towers

Pine Towers Knight Hospitaller Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Try removing the light plugin and see if the error persists.

5. padr81

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Tried it but no change unfortunately.

6. Fernyfer775

Fernyfer775 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Did you make sure all your Yanfly plugins are up to date, and you're running at the very least, 1.3.4+ of the MV Engine?

7. padr81

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Yup. It sure is strange only seems to happen on certain maps.

So after going through 200 plugins the conflict seems to be with Estriole's Event Graphic Shift Plugin. I tried running them together in every order and it still happens. Turning off the EST plugin fixes the issue.

Link to EST Plugin here and Link to Yanfly's doodads here for any bored scripters who know what they are looking for or at.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    Tea's Jams likes this.
  8. Aryam777

Aryam777 Villager Member

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can always make sure by cutting the graphic into 2 or 4 parts and place them as 2 or 4 separate doodads to try and see... Altough I did use some larger doodads none of them have been as large as yours, but I never encountered any problems. It does however look like a drawing problem. This big straw church-thing is a doodad? Wow. :)
    Well cutting it up.... Or just cutting out the part arround the error and placing it as a 2nd small doodad that fits perfectly might fix the issue. The flashing bug shouldn't happen even if they would be on the same layer. But drawing a picture this big might cause problems indeed. :) Let me know if this works as I am planning to use bigger doodads myself soon. xD

Also it might be worth seeing if the 60 fps plugin is interfering... Try turning it off... Or installing it if you don't have it.

And do you have any events running on the map as "parallel"?

9. padr81

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi Aryam, I've cut them up and get the same result. It seems to be any place two or maybe three doodads, or two doodads and an event are running over each other regardless of size. Nothing will get rid of it except diabling Estriole's plug in. Removing events so I'm running on the bar minimum seems to quieten it somewhat but only removing the plugin stops it.

I've tried everything else from removing parallel events, common events and the 60fps plugin and unfortunately it won't go away unless Estriole's pluging goes away. I've even turned off Terrax Lighting. I've tried contacting Estriole but he/she seems to have left this forum ages ago.

10. styx92

styx92 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    I also had the same problemes. But the problem was, that i have the light layer on the same level like another parallax layer. I think the doodads are on layer 5 for example and your other layer, too. You should really check this.

11. Tea's Jams

Tea's Jams I'm human Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think you're absolutely right! I've been having the same problem, and also have the Estriole's Event Graphic plugin. As soon as I turned that plugin off, problem solved!

12. padr81

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It's definately with Estrioles plugin and he/she seems to have left. Yanfly doesn't do compatibility with other for his plugins (understandable given the sheer amount of them.) I think I will commission a plugin or see if someone can fix it. If they can I'll gladly share it. I just need to save the cash first. My game is already costing me an arm and a leg.

Tea's Jams likes this.
  13. Tea's Jams

Tea's Jams I'm human Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Did you notice that Yanfly updated the GridFree Doodad plugin to include turning the graphics on and off with switches? This may negate the need for a graphic shift plugin. Do you have the most recent version?

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  14. padr81

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Yup, it doesn't negate it for me as I'm using pv sprites and tiles. and I need it to line up doors and graphics etc. It should help with most the default sprites though.

Tea's Jams likes this.