Spoofuss

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hello,
Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I had some Questions regarding some of the Yanfly Engine plug-ins
mainly regarding the Sub-Class with Skill learning, Stat Allocation, and Skill Equip.

As for the Skill Learning, when a skill is learned and say the actor has a class change, is the learned skills tied to the class they are learned from or can the learned skills still be used by the new class, and does Skill Learning this work with the Sub-Class plug-in in the same regard, I was curious too with the Skill Learning and Class changing being only usable by just a single actor (namely the hero only)
and those not able/restricted from using the skill learning/class change, would they be able to still learn skills by the normal level up method?

With the Stat Allocation plug-in is there a way to have this work with only one actor in the party( hero only) and do stats still increase based on growth set in the database still?
Also with the Skill Equip plug-in, as with the Stat Allocation is there a way to have it work with only one actor instead of the entire party
and in this case would skills for those that wouldn't use this still be able to use all of their learned skills without equipping them?

I figured I would ask about these, before I commit to getting them.

Accatosh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I guess you are using RMMV, since it's posted on the javascript boards. I don't have all the plugins, so I can't answer all of them but I will answer as many as I can.

1. I believe all Yanfly's plugins is compatible with each other.

2. Every skill has a skill type. So if both classes has access to the skill type, then it should be possible for an actor to use a skill in both of the classes.

3. You can make it possible to only give skill learning and class changing to some actors. All you need to do is not to unlock classes, or not giving skills to any other actor but the hero for example. But the problem is that you can still open the menu for those characters. I think you need to edit the script in order to fix this.

4. Stat allocate does only give extra stats. It doesn't change the normal growth, if you don't change it.You can remove the function that gives allocate points when an actor level ups. Instead you can give them manually. As with skill learning and class changing, you can still open the menu to the other character.

5. You need to edit the script if you want skill equip to only work for some actors.

6. You can still learn skill by leveling up without learning skills through the plugin. It only adds an extra way to learn skills. (Not really sure about this one as I don't have the plugin, but it sounds logical.)

Can you also add links to the plugins, so we can find them easier?

Last edited:

Spoofuss

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
That did answer some stuff, thank you for that

Where I am trying to make a game that is basically a tribute to the SMT games (Shin Megami Tensei)
where the main protagonist was only allowed to allocate stat points upon level up
and learned skills by different methods than the other party members where they were "Demons" and their stats and skill were gained and learn naturally.

I was trying to have some confirmation on the related stuff before I committed to get them and make a request for the needed edits once I get the Plug-ins.

Accatosh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No problem, good luck!

EDIT: @Spoofuss I came up with a solution of how to only make it possible to open the menu for a specific actor. I haven't tested it, but it may work. You need the Main Menu Manager (YEP) and make a custom command in the menu with common events. The common events can then open the skill learning menu for a specific actor.

Here's an example of common event menu:
Name: 'Learn Skill'
Symbol: common event
Show: true
Enabled: true
Ext: 1
Main Bind: this.callCommonEvent.bind(this)
Actor Bind:

Explanation by Yanfly:
This is a customized command that is included by default with the plugin. This command's name is 'Common Event 1', but it can be changed to whatever you want by simply changing what's in between the 'quotes' in the parameter settings. The symbol is the identifier for all common events. However, by default, this common event item does not show in the main menu. If you want it to appear, set the Show option to 'true' without the quotes and it will appear. Because the Enabled option is 'true', the command can always be selected by the player. The Ext actually has a role with this command. The Ext determines which common event is to be played. In this example, the Ext value is 1, which means common event 1 will be ran when this command is selected. Should the Ext value equal to 25, it will be common event 25 that will run once this command is selected. The reason is because the Main Bind for this command option is 'this.callCommonEvent.bind(this)', which is a function included in this plugin to allow for common events to be ran.

And put this plugin command in the skill learn common event:
Code:
OpenLearnSkill actor x
This opens Learn Skill menu for actor x.

Last edited:

Spoofuss

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I'll have to look into that it could be a good solution, you may be on to something there.
I am sure there has to be a option in the plug-ins to disable them from auto enabling them in the menu system in case you wanted to rely on a button press or something similar
either way it is definitely worth it to give it a try.

thanks again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My plan after learning to make my voice girly "Wow! You sounds cute!" "But actually I'm a man!" "Nooooo!!!" hehehe...
I get haunted from bugs that emit a terrible stench after being killed.
At first, I was going to put player objectives on the screen labeling it as "Helpful voices"... But that's dumb, I have a madness system. It will simply whisper objectives.... I mean they're probably objectives. The voices wouldn't lie right? They're friendly, and ...helpful. So clearly you should do what they say. Just watch the dark corners of your screen for advice and it will all work out! :LZSexcite:
Take care of your immune system: Go to sleep. If you looked at the clock an hour ago or four and it was way late then maybe now is the time. Mmm sleep...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rbennin