RMMV [Yanfly Equip Requirements] Hide items that doesn't meet requirements.

lil1I

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm struggling to find the code that lists all the items upon clicking an equip slot.
I think it's Window_ItemList.prototype.makeItemList but I'm not sure what to do with it.
Basically what I want is to filter out items that the character cannot equip.
Eg. If I click on a Weapon slot, the character that can only equip Sword must only see Swords not ALL weapons. The plugin just disables them, it still shows Bows, Guns, etc.

KurayamiBlackheart

Phoenix of darkness.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm struggling to find the code that lists all the items upon clicking an equip slot.
I think it's Window_ItemList.prototype.makeItemList but I'm not sure what to do with it.
Basically what I want is to filter out items that the character cannot equip.
Eg. If I click on a Weapon slot, the character that can only equip Sword must only see Swords not ALL weapons. The plugin just disables them, it still shows Bows, Guns, etc.
I think it's how the engine behave to begin with, Yanfly isn't changing this behavior.
Also, pretty sure it's the line 742 on YEP_EquipCore.js that draws the item list. The function Window_EquipItem.prototype.drawItem. I might be wrong !

You would need a plugin in order to do what you want. You need to pass the actor as an argument for when the item list is drawn, then check what the actor can equip. If you look into the code that gray out what he can't equip, you might find an easy way to apply the same conditions for drawing the item to begin with (so, to not show it).

EDIT : nevermind I can't reproduce your issue, I don't see equipment that the character can't equip in the list. Could you provide a screenshot ? Maybe you have another plugin that's doing that. I tried a new project with only YEP_CoreEngine, YEP_EquipCore and YEP_X_EquipRequirements, the weapons that an actor can't equip don't appear in the equip list... :kaoswt2:

EDIT2 : Aight I made sure that this one works, it should hide the weapons from the list if the requirements from the plugin YEP_X_EquipRequirements aren't met. Be sure to put this plugin below YEP_X_EquipRequirements and YEP_EquipCore. Tell me if you encounter any issue.

Attachments

• SHADEN_Patch_YEP_X_EquipRequirements.js
    552 bytes · Views: 1
Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

ngl i feel like im morbin out
I've made a lot of small changes and fixes over the past couple weeks without actually making any progress on my game...now I'm running out of things I want to change, and I'm terrified that I might have to start being productive again...the horror! D:
I made a mini devlog about the sprite animations I've been working on! You can read it by clicking here

applebuds-dreamtrotter.gif
What happens with this list, is it currently possible to buy any of these RPGMAKER at least those that are for PC?

Combat skill combination demostration

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laminated_paper