Yanfly Event Copier has issues with notetags?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I've been trying to use Yanfly's Event Copier to create destructible trees and crates. I've run into issues, however, with trying to create larger events.

I've been having issues with logging into itch.io, so I can't redownload Event Sprite Offset and Event Hitbox Resize. Because of this, I've tried to use Shaz Big Events and characteroffsets to replace these.

However, when I try to copy events, it gives me the message "TypeError: Cannot read property 'bigEvent/ox/oy' of undefined". This occurs even if there's nothing in the notetags of the events at all, and only goes away when those plugins are removed.

Curiously, if I add a comment with Shaz's Big Events like <bigEvent:2x1>, it shows up fine, and the TypeError doesn't show up. But characteroffsets doesn't have comment capabilities, and so trying to have both just makes "Cannot read property 'ox' of undefined" show up instead.

For reasons stated above, I can't download Event Sprite Offset and Event Hitbox Resize to see if those work instead. (I should also mention that my personal computer's currently broken, so I can't access my old games to find Yanfly's plugins.) Does anyone know if there's a way to get notetags to copy over as well, or should I just find another pixel offset plugin?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you start a new game after adding/changing the plugins?

Also try changing the plugin order - put mine below the event copier and see if it works, then put it above and see if it makes a difference. Make sure you save after making changes to the plugin order, and start a new game.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did start a new project, after reading your "Helping others help you with plugin issues" thread. It has just the Community Basic, MadeWithMV, Big Events, Event Copier and characteroffsets plugins.

I tried playing around with the order, as per your suggestion. None of the various orders and permutations I tried worked out. I even tried adding notetags into the copied event, but those didn't work either. When I use the comments for your plugin, it works regardless of its order in relation to Event Copier.

I also tried it with another free Yanfly plugin that has Event Notetags, Move Route Core. It certainly doesn't crash, but I don't actually know what the notetag does, so I don't know if it's working or not.

Do you know any other plugins that use non-comment notetags that I can test?

Oh, here are the files for the project, if that helps. It has the plugins above + Move Route Core. (I don't know what system you run, so here's all of them. I use Mac, if that affects anything.)

Windows
Mac
Linux

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The event notes/comments need to be on the event you are copying FROM. IS that how you have it set up?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yep.

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 1.09.28 PM.png
This is what I want to have work.

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 1.09.45 PM.png
This one does work, but only if I remove characteroffsets.js from the plugins folder.

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 1.10.23 PM.png
This is what shows up when I try to enter a map with the copied event.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Brioche with a crème patissiere filling is so tasty!
A group of Game creators and others who trying to revive the Feel of Multiplayer and TOWN/ROLEPLAY games
Wow, lots of RPG Maker MV stuff on sale on Steam for 50%-75% off. Steam, why you not tell me?!
looking for help on top secret project
The nick "Toeuia" that I'm using comes from a, idk, you okay the chess game while chit chatting them. The first two are students. Then you know, finally, the champion, and then the champion's sensei. I played like this so many times until suddenly there's another chess master. Very naive but super smart. After he lost, he kinda advised me not to give up on chest. Because the next one was never seen beaten. Touya.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
funland