RMMV Yanfly Event Spawner only spawns half of time or after player walks??

ScreenyBeanie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So that title is a mouthful, but this is my first ever forum post. So I apologize in advance if this is a bit rambly or hard to understand, but basically: I am attempting a farming game. Instead of having to change maps for different seasons, I wish to keep the maps the same and change the tile set. However, I need to be able to plant crops, and so far I have been able to create a state machine with my tools. So when the player uses the item "Hoe", it turns on a switch named "Hoe State" in order to have the game register the player is currently tilling. And with this, this is my problem.

Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 9.07.00 PM.png

This is my common event! I'm using the Yanfly Region Events and the Yanfly Event Spawner to make this work. I want to later make it so the player is tilling in front of them, but for now, I am just making sure it works so I don't go super far and end up not having a solution for this issue. I'm also including my main section of plugins including ones that aren't yanfly incase something comes up and I have to remove them.
Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 9.08.31 PM.png

And to show what's wrong with this when playing, I walked through the first 3 rows using the hoe state and hitting okay once per tile cell. The entire square of dirt is covered in region 20 (the region for the region event), and it only does it sporadically.

Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 9.09.06 PM.png

Is this something that Yanfly is limited in? Is there any plugins that may be a good substitute for what I'm wanting to do? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated because this is such a big passion project of mine! Thank you all in advance!

stramin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
How you call this common event?

Lets try this, use the Hoe State as trigger and add a wait for 0.1 at the end to give the system some time between each cycle:
1632622527345.png

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That would let them dig anywhere. They are calling the common event via the Region Events plugin, I believe.

@ScreenyBeany are you sure your Yanfly plugins are all in the right order?

Is there something else that uses variables 1 and/or 2? Any of those plugins use them as a default and you forgot to change them?

ScreenyBeanie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That would let them dig anywhere. They are calling the common event via the Region Events plugin, I believe.

Is there something else that uses variables 1 and/or 2? Any of those plugins use them as a default and you forgot to change them?

Lets try this, use the Hoe State as trigger and add a wait for 0.1 at the end to give the system some time between each cycle:
View attachment 202391
Yeah, the hoe common event is through a region event! I have Yanfly's Region Event where the common event should only occur in spot twenty. However, it did seem to work better when going with the "spawn anywhere" method. Though I only want the player to really till their own land rather than the town or something that's unable to be tilled like a dock or cobblestone path. As for order,, I'll be honest and say I'm not really sure. I've been mostly using a variety of tutorials and each person seems to organize theirs differently. I'm really a noob with this sort of thing, so I apologize for my inexperience with plugins. To think, before covid I swore I was never gonna use them, but look at me now haha. Anyways, I'll see if I can find a better way to reorganize and I'll update if that seems to fix the issue or not.

ScreenyBeanie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, the hoe common event is through a region event! I have Yanfly's Region Event where the common event should only occur in spot twenty. However, it did seem to work better when going with the "spawn anywhere" method. Though I only want the player to really till their own land rather than the town or something that's unable to be tilled like a dock or cobblestone path. As for order,, I'll be honest and say I'm not really sure. I've been mostly using a variety of tutorials and each person seems to organize theirs differently. I'm really a noob with this sort of thing, so I apologize for my inexperience with plugins. To think, before covid I swore I was never gonna use them, but look at me now haha. Anyways, I'll see if I can find a better way to reorganize and I'll update if that seems to fix the issue or not.
I moved the event spawner all over the place even to right under the core engine but it still has the same issue :/ Maybe my best bet would be to do the first suggestion and find a way to restrict the player maybe??

ScreenyBeanie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

View attachment 202391

Alright, fiddling around, I found a solution that worked without using the region events! I guess the region events is too constant even with a wait time that it cannot handle a player spawning a bunch of tilled plots one after another. I instead went with a parallel process that checks if the player's region id == the region id that I wanted to use and then ran the common event and it works just as fluidly as @stramin 's suggestion! I thank you both so much for the help you did provide and I can say this thread can be officially closed! Again, thank you and I hope you have a good day/night!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@ScreenyBeanie, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

I'm not sure why you quoted yourself, or why you've quoted Stramin and I twice. You don't have to quote someone in order to reply to the thread. If you just thought of something else you want to add, edit your post instead.

If you want to set it to a parallel process activated by a switch, and turn the switch on/off when the item is used, you can simply use your x and y variables to get the region id at those coordinates into a new variable. Then instead of testing for the state being applied, test for the region matching one where you want them to dig.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

unintentionally made a track that sounds straight out of Yume Nikki
Revisiting one of my older projects in a long time to work some more on the mechanics. I've been working on- and off-again for about a year now on recreating the Force and Mystic systems from Wild ARMs. And I think I've finally made some good breakthroughs on that!

Still, it is not perfect and I may post my thoughts at a later time to see if there are any other suggestions or alternatives I've missed.
actor name string, why you gotta be case sensitive like that?
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th October 2021

My entire world, full of monsters and treasures, will likely be done by the end of the year. After that it's all NPCs and side quests... then done. I'm never making an open world game again xD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cpdealer