Katevolution

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!

I started using Yanfly's Event Spawner to spawn a 3x3 apple tree and it works great. But then when I added the map tag to save Event locations (<Save Event Locations>), it spawns the tree in the location where the template Events are. Doesn't matter if it's a new game or a save from before that tag, it spawns in the lake. I've even added a Wait before the spawn just in case but that didn't help. When I broke the tag, everything went back to working fine. I've also had that plugin active for a while but never used it, so I know it wasn't switching the plugin to on that caused it.

Does anyone know of a change that can be made or a complimentary plugin to fix the issue and allow the entire map to be saved without spawning the Events in the wrong location?

vietanhdang2017

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In theory. We just have to clear the Saved Location the moment new event is created.
I don't know how to do that though

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you trying to save other events on there? Because looking at the documentation and video for the Event Spawner, they should be automatically saved.

If you are trying to save other events, just use the event notetag instead of the map one.

Katevolution

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you trying to save other events on there? Because looking at the documentation and video for the Event Spawner, they should be automatically saved.

If you are trying to save other events, just use the event notetag instead of the map one.

Map 122 is the template map. There's no save tag on there.

Map 123 is the issue map. Since only 1 NPC I've found so far actually needs to be saved, I removed the map tag and just added the Event tag and it works fine. But later on if I want to save an entire map in a sweep and I have apple trees, I'll have to copy/edit in the original Events manually. Not a big issue but is time consuming depending on how many the map has and does defeat the purpose of the plugin.

Katevolution

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well now it's doing it again on a different map :\. This time there's no save event anywhere on the map. Oddly it's spawning 9 trees which are all copies of each other just edited in name to be unique and it's only messing up on tree 1. The other 8 are fine.

Bad tree.PNGBad tree 2.PNG

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm new to rpgmaker mv, link me some good stuff to learn.
Finally, I have graduated from college and now I can put a lot more work into my game, after having not worked on it for the better part of a year.
post so i can change my profile picture ^^
Creating Some art for a fighter game.

Finally was able to record the rest of the game demo! I added some edits here and there, this is why it takes me so long to do stuff cuz I find a problem and have to fix it asap. x.x
Game: https://dj990j.itch.io/region-of-mythos

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleezyretro