kind of a big deal
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engilsh
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly Item Core Instanced Weapons Break Item Type Detection,

When using Yanfly Item Core's feature to give weapons, armor and item a limit and making them independent, the DataManager.isItem(); DataManager.isWeapon(); DataManager.isArmor(); functions no longer work properly. When either of these functions are called no matter what false is returned. Has anyone else ran into this problem? The only solution I thought of so far would be to write a note into each item individually with something like <Item Type: Weapon> and writing a function that can read this but this feels a bit messy.

Thanks for your help!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
are the plugins in the correct order?
in most cases where strange behaviour happens with yanfly's plugins, that happens because the plugins arein the wrong order...

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It doesn't look like ItemCore makes any change to that function. In fact DataManager.isIndependent() uses those functions inside it, so it would seem that it not only should be working, but is expected to be working, as it was used in a function added by this plugin.

Load order is the most likely cause of this issue, I'd say.

Capitán

kind of a big deal
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engilsh
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ramza @Andar Wow that plugin order seemed to be the problem, I had not even thought of that as I usually don't have problems with my self-written plugins compatibility with Yanfly, thanks a ton.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Evil7 added!

I did a bit of a remake on one of the maps, also I made a particle for jumping into the portal, and one for traveling through the portal. I'll probably add more sparkles later to embellish it. :LZSwink:
Polished the animation and added details :kaojoy:
Ami
What do you think about the Wood Bridge inside of Volcano?
Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdramose