RetroBoy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Guys,

Sorry to bother you, but Yanfly didn't really explain how to use Prefixes and Suffixes in the tutorial video and I am still not sure exactly how to implement them. I was hoping someone could explain it to me?

I have a pretty clear idea of what I want to do, but I am not sure HOW to implement it exactly:

When an item is generated I want it to calculate the item grade (the Prefix) and then refer to the suffix table. If the random variable is over 60, I want it to essentially refer to another table quickly (as determined by the result) and then apply the suffix it randomly generates from that table.

I need to do it this way because I have different suffixes for different gear locations. I've only included three of the tables here, but as I am sure you can imagine it is quite in depth. If anyone could help me, I would be no end of thankful.

Prefix.PNG

Suffix.PNG

Suffix2.PNG

TakaDynasty

Apologetic Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I wanna say they're handled by plugins. I know for example the Attachable Augments and Item Upgrade Slots plugins have ways of altering these, so checking into the operations there might give you your key. I could be wrong, but a quick glance makes me think prefixes and suffixes can only be applied through those plugins. What you may have to do is have an event roll for an augment and then fix it to the equipment automatically based on the roll, but alas, that would require a little more knowledge of the plugins than I have at present.

I wish I could offer more expertise, but with a whining cat and a rushed day, coupled with my minimal experience, I'm afraid this is all I can do at the moment. :/

RetroBoy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am patient. :)

All I can find in the Plugin is the following (and I still don't know how to implement it).

============================================================================

Item Name System

============================================================================

For independent items, they have a unique name handling system. Independent

items consist of four parts:

Prefix Base Name Suffix Boost Count

The prefix, base name, suffix, and boost count are adjusted by plugins.

Depending on the effects applied, they can be altered or changed. Using the

name system, an item with a prefix of 'Fiery', base name of 'Sword', suffix

being 'of Might', and a boost count of 5 will end up looking like:

Fiery Sword of Might (+5)

This item would appear that way only if its various name parts have been

altered some way or another. However, there is a fifth name convention, and

that is the priority name. If an item has a priority name, it will completely

overwrite the current name scheme with just the priority name itself. So even

if the item's name is 'Fiery Sword of Might (+5)', if the item's priority

name is 'Legendary Blade', then 'Legendary Blade' will take priority.

TakaDynasty

Apologetic Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
As far as I've seen, there are two ways to implement those:

The first is in Yanfly's Attachable Augments plugin. These would be applied to augments themselves, and then the prefix, suffix and/or priority name changes would apply to the item the augment is attached to, if I understand it right. I'll snip out just the relevant parts here:

Code:
The following is a list of effects you can use for the <Augment: type>, <Augment Attach: type>, <Augment Detatch: type> notetags to have it apply the desired effects to the upgraded item.

Change Prefix: x
Cancel Prefix: x
– Changes/Cancels the prefix of the item to ‘x’ while the augment is on the item. If an item has multiple augments that alter the prefix, then priority is given to the first augment that alters the priority.

—

Change Priority Name: x
Cancel Priority Name: x
– Changes/Cancels the priority name of the item to ‘x’ while the augment is on the item. If an item has multiple augments that alter the priority name, then priority is given to the first augment that alters the priority name.

—

Change Suffix: x
Cancel Suffix: x
– Changes/Cancels the suffix of the item to ‘x’ while the augment is on the item. If an item has multiple augments that alter the suffix, then priority is given to the first augment that alters the suffix.

—

Change Text Color: x
Cancel Text Color: x
– Changes/Cancels the text color used for the item to ‘x’ while the augment is on the item. If an item has multiple augments that alter the text color, then priority is given to the first augment that alters text color.

The second method is through Yanfly's similar plugin, Item Upgrade Slots. I'll clip the relevant information here:

Code:
The following is a list of effects you can use for the <Upgrade Effects> notetag to have it apply the desired effects to the upgraded item.

Base Name: x
Changes item’s base name to x. *Note2

Prefix: x
Changes item’s prefix to x. *Note2

Priority Name: x
Sets priority name to x. *Note2

Reset Base Name
Resets the base name to default.

Reset Boost Count
Resets the Boost Count to 0.

Reset Icon
Resets the icon back to the default icon.

Reset Prefix
Resets name prefix to default.

Reset Stat
Resets ‘Stat’ back to base stat values. *Note1

Reset Suffix
Resets name suffix to default.

Reset Full
Resets every single aspect about item. *Note3

Suffix: x
Changes item’s suffix to x. *Note2

Note2: This does not alter boost count nor update the item’s name unless it is altered by the effect.
So the key seems to be figuring out how to make one or both of these automate with your RNG to change the name the way you want them to. There may be a simpler way to just change the prefix/suffix, but if there is and <Prefix: x> doesn't work, I'm afraid I don't know it. :/

I'm certain these would do it, but I couldn't say how easy these would be to manipulate with event scripting alone, as the primary intention of these plugins seems to be giving the player the ability to apply augments and upgrades that can alter the name of an item. But I'm sure it's possible some way or another.

Last edited by a moderator:

RetroBoy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Anyone else have any helpful insights?

Ahuramazda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Not gonna lie, I found DreamX' Prefix and Suffix plugin to be far more friendly than Yanfly's. Don't get me wrong I love Yanfly's work, but DreamX's plugin was easy to set up and get working while Yanfly's seemed to have more usage for when you wanted to actually upgrade items and have stuff hard set instead of RNG dependent.

Best thing is that if you place DreamX's plugin under Yanfly's stuff it is compatible :D

DreamX Plugin link: 

Thats my 2 cents on this and hope it may help! :)

RetroBoy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've made a post there requesting some info, we will have to see. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just noticed the minigame challenge. Now considering...
My project just started lagging during battletest and I haven't been able to figure out why...
Oh, Google is now warning users against installing extensions on Edge Chromium
on my plate today- animation.
"Your service has been identified as part of an outage. This is expected to be restored by 7pm IN SEVEN DAYS!!!" Guess I won't be around as much over the next week :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cadenm1223