OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone. Got a baffling problem that I need help solving here. First off, I'll start with a screenshot:

lv2gbWX.png

Edit: As Kes Requested, here is the link to the Plugin: http://yanfly.moe/2017/05/12/yep-136-item-requirements-rpg-maker-mv/

I want the item to add a buff to a single party member when it is used, but also inflict a State that does not allow the items to be used again until the State wears off. This is in order to prevent buff stacking, since these types of items will be fairly common to come across.

Here's the problem. While the item cannot be used once the State has been applied to a single party member, I can't use it again on anyone else!

I also can't help but think the Yanfly help file either has typos (Not Stage?) and isn't very clear on this particular description.

Any helpful advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Additional Edit: To answer Uzuki's question: The item is only supposed to affect one Actor. When used it will indeed give the state to the actor and no other actors will be affected. However the item cannot be used by any other actor. All the actors, basically.

Last edited:

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is the actor with the state trying to use the item or is it not working with all the actors?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[move]Javascript/Plugin Support[/move]
Please edit your opening post to include a link to the page on Yanfly's web site where you got that plugin. That way if anyone who wants to help needs to check something, they don't have to go hunting.
Thanks.

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Uzuki : The Answer to your question is above.

@Kes : Thank you for moving the thread to the appropriate forum. I have linked the Plugin as requested.

Uzuki

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OmnislashXX And how do you have it set up for the item?

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OmnislashXX And how do you have it set up for the item?

nmZ25sr.png

Edit: So here is what happens: Select Item, choose a character. Character gains effects, get's the State. After that, I have a second item. Choose a different character to give the item to. Can't do it, even though the character doesn't have the State on them.

Uzuki

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you have any other plugins that mess with items? Because from the looks of it it seems that it should be working.

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yep. Item Core, Item Categories and Item Picture. I agree that it should be working correctly.

Uzuki

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OmnislashXX Sorry about the late reply, I got caught up in something.

So is this for battles or just the menu. I just tried it myself and it worked fine battle, but it doesn't work in the menu.

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, its not a battle specific program. More like a non- battle specific program.

Uzuki

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Then that might be your issue then, because the plugin requirements only work for battles. If you don't want the effect to be abused then you can use Yanfly's Buffs and States plugin to prevent the state from stacking. That way the player will have to wait for it to be removed to apply the effect again.

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok. I will try that.

Edit: I don't believe that will work as it only applies to battles. Although it is battle heavy, the state is applied before battle. They don't have time to eat while they're fighting.

Last edited:

Uzuki

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah in that case then yeah you're just going to have to make it clear that the state can't be reapplied until it's gone. The plugin doesn't work for menus.

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Either that or Yanfly fixes it. Maybe I'll take it up with them.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ready to fall into another development hell...
Mega has been giving me a lot of problems as of late, so I think I'll need to switch to another cloud service. I'm considering Dropbox.
Rough week, but in the end there's light in the darkness.
Mental health is an issue I wish was taken more seriously.
Take care.
1638421271905.jpeg
By the power of timezones! This picture shall still be posted on december 1st!!!
7xI2Gc2.jpg

This is not something I'd ever even considered but wow! What a way to use music in a game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whataepicname