[Yanfly Item Synthesis] How to make multiple items with just one item?

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey gang, I'm using Yanfly's Item Synthesis plugin and it's worling fine. What caught my interest was this line in the help section:

Code:
<Custom Synthesis Effect>
 var bottle = $dataItems[123];
 $gameParty.gainItem(bottle, 2);
</Custom Synthesis Effect>

For this notetag, the 'item' variable will refer to the item being
  synthesized. Changing it will do nothing but it will be used as a
  convenience variable to refer to it.
I thought this would be a neat idea to make multiple items from one item synthesis so I added it to the item but it doesn't seem to have any effect. This is the code I'm using:

Code:
<Custom Synthesis Effect>
  var Vitamin X = $dataItems[76];
  $gameParty.gainItem(Vitamin X, 3);
</Custom Synthesis Effect>
Vitamin X is the item I want add more of when synthesizing and $dataitems[76] is it's ID. Aim I doing something wrong or aim I misreading the description.

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would assume it's because you put a space in var Vitamin X, instead of var VitaminX or whatever.

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Holy crap why didn't I think of that. I was just going off how I had it in the database and forgot javascript doesn't do spaces. Thank you so much for the help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Super stoked i just finished my first town in my project, by finished i mean i can always add more decorative aesthetics and the NPCs don't talk yet but the mapping is complete and all the important chess pieces are present!
My brain: Hey, I have an idea how to make the transition to the main story quest in The Wastes more natural!
Me: Good!
My brain: You need to remake the hotel you start out in, it's not realistic enough.
Me: Ok... This was unexpected, but I can do it.
My brain: Now make each hotel floor 5 times as large to match the main part. Oh, you also need to make a bunch of new npcs to fill in the space on these maps.
Me: Crap.
Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.
is there a script call that return how much turn has passed in battle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aboyhazard