vivec360

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I've left my android port alone for half a year since searching this website and the net in general hasn't really turned up a fix. Yanfly journal quest plugin conflicts with something on android and was making the game crash or at best just blackscreen for players. But I'm missing a huge chunk of audience by not fixing this. I've checked this forum and tried some of the work arounds but they weren't working. I don't know if there's a fix that works I missed or if I just need to move to a different quest system. If anyone has any insight I'd be grateful.

vivec360

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bumping this since It's been a month. I'd really like to fix the issue for my players. If anyone has any knowledge, or even a mod replacement they would recommend. I'm hoping to fix things.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How are you sure it's that plugin that's causing the issue?

vivec360

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How are you sure it's that plugin that's causing the issue?
Months back when I first ported to android I had no issues, then I added a few mods the next release and it broke. So I went and disabled them all then tested to see what was breaking it. After I found it to be the Yanfly Journa quest pluggin, so I searched for a solution and found others mentioning the same problem. There weren't any actual solutions and it seemed like it was more of something in the mod breaking and not game making error.

Vayl

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You removed the Book1 image from your titles1 directory.... Here's the workaround.

Uncomment the 2 lines in the plugin for lunatic mode prescene (ie delete the //)

Make a transparent PNG stick in the old titles1 directory and modify the plugin to look for that.

No more black box. Had to do it myself but it works.

It will lose the see through but mobile becomes happy again

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210221-182814_fe3738eaccc90d857515c647074d1927.jpg
    Screenshot_20210221-182814_fe3738eaccc90d857515c647074d1927.jpg
    542.2 KB · Views: 3

vivec360

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You removed the Book1 image from your titles1 directory.... Here's the workaround.

Uncomment the 2 lines in the plugin for lunatic mode prescene (ie delete the //)

Make a transparent PNG stick in the old titles1 directory and modify the plugin to look for that.

No more black box. Had to do it myself but it works.

It will lose the see through but mobile becomes happy again
The solutions I saw were editing the actual mods content in the textfile. I didn't see a solution like this. I'm going to try it out right now. If it works it will save me so much work, so thank you very much for sharing it!

Vayl

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The solutions I saw were editing the actual mods content in the textfile. I didn't see a solution like this. I'm going to try it out right now. If it works it will save me so much work, so thank you very much for sharing it!
Just remember to set the size of the transparent png to your game dimensions (it will still remain a small filesize as it's... Well... transparent.) So if your game dimensions are 1280x720 just set the transparent png dimensions to that.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I wrote RPGMakerMZ JavaScript reference in Japanese.
But I think you'll be able to read it through the translator.

back in April of 2019, I watched my friend's art stream on twitch. that was when I got inspired to draw most of the assets for my game. it's been a LONG journey since, but totally worth it.
RPG MZ multiplayer in development
Square-Enix, why you didn't released the classic Dragon Quests on Steam yet? :kaocry:
This is by far my most favorite boss monster I've made, its name is Gosck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tronfol