arcadekitten

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I've been trying to figure out Yanfly's Main Menu Manager, and I only kinda understand it? So far I've been able to have it do what I want, but I'm having trouble with a specific issue now and I was wondering if anyone knew a solution!

Essentially, in this project, I want to add a menu option called "TALK". This menu option would only be available once someone joins your party(because you'd need someone to talk to first, of course!) and would disappear when they leave your party. It would return when they come back, go away if they leave again, etc etc.

It seems in order to Show a menu option, it depends on an eval condition. When set to "true", this menu option will always show.

I already have "Talk" planned out in a common event, and when the "Show" eval condition for the menu option is set to "true", it appears in the menu and I can click on it and it works swimmingly! But I'm unsure of how to set the condition to connect it to an actor in the party, so that the menu option will only show up once there's someone else in your party.

Do I need to use a switch? That could work if absolutely necessary, but if possible I'd rather it be connected directly to an actor that joins your party so I don't have to remember to turn the switch on/off each time. And what would I type in the condition spot for this to be able to make it work, either for a switch or for an actor/party member? Thank you in advance for any help or assistance you are able to provide!

Yanfly's Main Menu Manager: http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Main_Menu_Manager_(YEP)

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You should be able to use any JavaScript line that will evaluate or true or false.

So try $gameParty.members().length>1

arcadekitten

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You should be able to use any JavaScript line that will evaluate or true or false.

So try $gameParty.members().length>1
Yes, thank you!! This worked perfectly! I had been trying other similar lines of code but this is the one that worked, thank you so much! :kaojoy:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

practice drawing start with duck :guffaw: 64*64010.PNG
FREE puzzle generator in steam workshops. It will randomly generate countless puzzles.
If you have the steam version of MV, you can see how I made the puzzles and freely copy/paste the events into your own project.

I might add more generators to the steam workshop in the future.

Enjoy!

Hit the ground running! first day back and got ALOT of things going and even have a bunch of fresh ideas on how to tackle old problems!
I've got like 15 game ideas that I'm working on at the same time, and I'm fresh out of motivation for all of them. the past couple of weeks have been me not working on anything at all and wasting my time instead of being productive... gosh I love myself so much
Well turns out I'm not going to the fair... COVID cases way too high in my state. Instead I'll just go to Chuck E Cheese's and transfer all my tickets from Orlando to my normal PlayPass wristband.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vavilbisk