Status
Not open for further replies.

averagecelery

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
So I'm using Yanfly's Message Core plugin (of course), but literally nothing is showing up when I use a message. Windows open normally. The game pauses so the game thinks the message is showing but there's nothing.

I've tried doing everything. I used the default version of everything, I turned off all the other plugins, I made a new game but it still didn't work. Finally I tried using my laptop and used the plugin on that and it worked on the game, so I moved my game onto a usb and tried it on my laptop, but again it didn't work.

I would really appreciate the help, I've looked through all the possibilities. I think it might be something with the core code.

Thanks.

I don't feel like I need to screenshot anything but if you have a suggestion let me know.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What should it do in your opinion?

The message core provides additional functions to the message system, but those functions need to be used by you as the developer before they happen on the screen - simply installing the plugin will not make them appear.

A lot of people have successfully used that plugin, so it has to be something you did wrong when configuring the plugin or using its message codes.

And because of that we need a screenshot of an event where you use the text codes, to see if you might have mistyped them.

You also need to link to the script, so that we can check how it should be used and to confirm that you have the latest version

Last edited by a moderator:

averagecelery

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Well this post can be taken down.. I figured out I had to make the name of the file exactly the same as it is in the script. My mistake :-/

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Please simply report your topic to have it closed next time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

May I make a suggestion for what language we should use for plugins?

IMG_1177.JPG
Have you opened all the advent calendar's yet? Don't forget to leave @Starbird_Resources and @WaywardMartian some love!
1638376821276.png
LOOK AT EM GOOOOOOOOOO!
Sorry for the spam with this, I'm just real happy with how this has gone :D
Custom sleep sequence done! :kaopride:
fuY8hyg.gif
The other day I posted a merchant airship tileset and said it was overflow from my Advent Calendar. @Avery said something like "that's one way to flex!" Well, this morning I woke up and realized THAT I MISCOUNTED AND AM SHORT BY ONE DAY. My face and palm are now perfectly fused together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilica0506