ActuallyTheMoon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So i just realized that the Yanfly Message System (https://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/core-scripts/ace-message-system/) just erases the previously shown text before showing a choice. Is there any way to change it? It just looks sort of weird to me having the choice sort of just float like that? Is retaining the bigger text box an option that i just missed?

RYpcv26.png

txhVBrz.png

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it should not do this - the engine is written in a way that if a show choice directly follows a show text the show text window will remain open.
but if there is any other command between those two, then the show text will vanish.

So my first suggestion would be to check if the script is installed correctly and the event has no commands between them.

If you can't find the cause, the alternative is modern algebras ATS (Advanced Text System). I always preferred that because for VXAce, it had much more and much better options than Yanfly's message system.

ActuallyTheMoon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
it should not do this - the engine is written in a way that if a show choice directly follows a show text the show text window will remain open.
but if there is any other command between those two, then the show text will vanish.

So my first suggestion would be to check if the script is installed correctly and the event has no commands between them.

If you can't find the cause, the alternative is modern algebras ATS (Advanced Text System). I always preferred that because for VXAce, it had much more and much better options than Yanfly's message system.
Thanks, I had added a sound effect before the choice and that was what was breaking it!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Food for thought. Factorio: Spaghetti belts make your factory inefficient as you fight for space constantly. Satisfactory: Spaghetti belts and massive clipping is the most efficient way to run your factory since it's the shortest distances.
ScreenShot_8_19_2022_8_51_4.png
Both Mike and Ray here are in a "HYPE!" state after Mike uses "Wild Party", which also heals everyone. they'll do more damage and counter more often, but defense is lower along with hit rate.
WHEEL3.gif
Ooker spookers and fun attack mechanics! What a Friday!
Not today... Not today...
I guess I should send my CV to Hasbro. I've made Monopoly cheaters edition more fun and challenging. I've developed custom cheats and chest/chance cards for it. And I've cleared many nightmares through my cards and rules.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moto88link