Rhino

~Inactive~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all, I'm trying to change the font in Yanfly's name boxes. I'm using two fonts in my game, so I have to call the second using \fn<x> When I try to use it via Yanfly's macros or just in the show text it'll change the message window, but not the name box. I'm sure it's just a case of putting the codes in the right order, but I haven't found any documentation on it, and I haven't managed to figure it out just by messing around, so I was hoping someone could enlighten me :kaoswt:

Things I've tried:
\fn<althea>\n<Harold>
\fn<althea>\n<\n[1]>
\n<\fn<althea>Harold>
\n<\fn<althea>\n<Harold>
\n<\fn<althea>\n<\n[1]>
\n\fn<althea>\n<Harold>
\n\fn<althea>\n<\n[1]>
\n<\fn<althea>\n<Harold>>
\n<\fn<althea><\n[1]>

Rhino

~Inactive~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
*bump* surely this isn't too hard of a question :kaoback: It is possible with Yanfly's message core right? He wrote the name box and font change so I don't see why they wouldn't work together...
fonts.png

It's important both aesthetically and to my game logic to have a divide between how some of the messages are displayed so I'd realllly appreciate the help!

EDIT: If I change the plugin parameters 'Name Box Added Text' to have \fn<althea> it works to change the font, but I don't want all the name boxes to have this font, I need to be able to swap between them. ;_;

Last edited:

Zarsla

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This:
\n<\fn<althea>Harold>
or n<\fn<althea>\n[1]>

Also make sure you're plugins are in the right order and up to date.
Message Core is v 1.18.
Also do you have any plugins that can interfere with this like VE_EscapeCodes?

And is althea the name of the font file you want. As in the font folder there's a font file called 'althea.ttf'.

Rhino

~Inactive~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for your response. :kaoluv:
Yeah, I've got version 1.18 and it's above everything but Yanfly's core and a preloader. The font's called althea.ttf. It's working in the normal message box so I'm pretty sure that's set up correctly.

I tried what you suggested on a blank project as well, but it's just looking like this..
name.png

The pixel font being the one I've got set up as default in the gamefont.css

It'd be awesome to get this to work, but if not I was thinking about doing a work around using Galv's message box pictures and making a picture with the right name box font XD It's not ideal by any means, but if that's what it takes.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Woot got a promotion and a pay rise ᕙ( • ‿ • )ᕗ now I'm set.
does anyone feel like explaining to me the difference between simulation and emulation? you have my full permission to be as pedantic as you want.
About the Deer, I had to cut some piece of video due the *swearing* Youtube copyrights issues...
A caveman pokes his head in...
I was listening to songs by Chuck E Cheese's voice actor (Jaret Reddick from Bowling for Soup) when the meds I was taking for my stomach virus apparently stopped working. I can't take my next dose until morning, but it's no use anyway. I'm officially sick again. Of course, I'll definitely take the next dose either way, but it's useless now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OpenWings