Yanfly Party System Plugin Common Event Help?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by LuLingqi1, Oct 15, 2016.

1. LuLingqi1

LuLingqi1 A Spellthief With A Bone To Pick Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I've decided to revamp some of my character's skills and "passives".

I'm trying to find a way to make it that at the start of every battle a common event would run called "Janelle's Passive". It would then check to see if Janelle is in the battle party. I think this is where I would create a conditional branch. If Janelle is in the party, it would then check to see if Carlina is in the battle party. It would also check to see if Magfina is in the party. Then there would be a conditional branch for Magfina and Carlina that would apply a buff state to Janelle.

I just can't seem to figure out how to make it run at the start of every battle, or be battle specific. I thought maybe I could have a state run it and use yanfly's plugin for auto passive states so i could just make the event and then it would do it that way but blegh. 

EDIT: I am using yanfly's party system plug ins. I didnt think that was important. I would like for the common event to do all this searching for the BATTLE PARTY. Not the normal party.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2016
  2. Milennin

Milennin "With a bang and a boom!" Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Make a tab in the Troops that runs under the condition Turn 0, in the span of Battle. Have that page call the Common Event that checks for the conditional branches and whatever else you want to do at the start of battle.

3. LuLingqi1

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Milennin There doesn't seem to be a way for me to make it check for them being in the battle party. Would you know how to do that?

4. Milennin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    In Event Commands, page 1 > Conditional Branch, tab 2 > Actor (your character) = In the party.

This will check whether or not that character exists in the party. If you want something to happen if they're not, check the Create Else Branch at the bottom.

5. LuLingqi1

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Milennin Would't that be checking for them to be in the normal party instead of the battle party? I probably should've pointed out Im using Yanfly's Party System and what not lol oops

6. Milennin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I see, in that case, I wouldn't know, as I haven't used that plugin.

7. LuLingqi1

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Andar Could you move this to the Plugin/JS support area and wipe it of all posts, please? I just dont want to open a new post with the same exact question in a different area xD