Yanfly Plugin: Animated Sideview Enemies Not Working

The_Boys_Comics

Cartoonist Goddess
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
After a good two hours of searching for an answer and trying to fix this issue myself, I have given in and decided to ask for help.
Alright, so, I downloaded Yanfly's plugin for animated sideview characters. Mostly, I just wanted it so I could have actor sprites as sideview enemies.
I uploaded the plugin, under the Battle Engine Core plugin as instructed.
I created an enemy and put in the enemy notes, <Sideview Battler: dancgirl_1>
The spritesheet for "dancgirl_1" is in the correct folder, "sv_actors," everything is in the proper case, and... nothing.
The image for the enemy will not change, and I cannot initiate a battle with the enemy.

I know the plugin is installed correctly because the plugin commands work with the regular enemies with images. But it will not work with the sprite sheets.

I only saw one other person with an issue identical to mine, but she was able to fix it by taking her files out of OneDrive and moving them onto her computer. Mine are already on my computer, I'm not using a cloud service.

Using the sprite sheet instead of an enemy image is pretty important to the style of the game I'm making, and I hate that I've hit this snag so quickly in development.

Can someone please help me?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[move]Javascript/Plugin Support[/move]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Felt like I dodged a bomb, my project was fine right after I force resetted due to a crash as I have yet to start working on it today..... :kaoback:
I have no idea what to do with my evening. I was working on the next Slip into Ruby but I kinda want to do something else for a bit. But I have no idea what. Yay indecision!
I hope your life going smoothly. I wish you do not find difficulty today. It's time to take action. Wish everyone take a break from the usual emotional intensity of social media and simply enjoy the sunshine and light conversation with others. Take action when you see that things are flagging.
okay, i experimented with some more fonts, let me know if theyre easier to read and if you have a preference!

Hiatus; Still doing my best to get employed. :hwink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Celesh