Yanfly Plugin "StatAllocation": How to edit it for each character

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Truncatus, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Truncatus

Truncatus Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi. Me again. This might be a stupid question but since I am not that good with coding and understanding the possibilites correctly, I want to ask it here. If it is that simple then I am sorry.

Here the Link to his Plugin: http://yanfly.moe/2018/11/09/yep-173-stat-allocation-rpg-maker-mv/

Scenario:
    I got 7 Characters with their own strengths, flaws and roles in Battle. I want to create 7 different statallocation-schemes.
    One character for example has the possibility to get up to 1400 HP with this system while another one can get only 900 and has different costs for upgrading. By the time the characters grow and change to better classes so they need to take their current improvements and personal limits with them.

What I want to try to do is to implement it into the Character-Sheet or at least into the Class-Sheet. But all I could change by now are the settings in the Plugin itself(a different Point-Calculation for example), so kinda global settings for everyone.
    How has to be the script in the Sheet to make that happen?

As I imagined I could not just rip the script (For Example: "{"name":"auto","iconIndex":"0","description":"\"Increases the maximum health of this unit by +10.\"","gaugeColor1":"#e08040","gaugeColor2":"#f0c040","allocationBonus":"10","maxAllocations":"100","apCost":"\"cost = 1 + Math.floor(times / 10);\"","jpCost":"\"cost = 0;\"","itemId":"0","itemCost":"\"cost = 1;\""})" and just put it in the Character-Sheet
    through the "<Stat Allocation: x, x, x>"-Command.

What do you guys think?

2. Fornoreason1000

Fornoreason1000 Black Sheep Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yanfly's Allocation System works on Character Classes, not the actors themselves just like vanilla MV.
    When you change classes, your Allocations are no lost.

I always find myself hitting this design flaw, Actors don't have stats, only classes do. which means 2 mages will always be identical.

However i do believe this can be circumvented with yanfly's Subclasses, which requires class change core.
    basically how this works is you have a Main Class representing each of your 7 characters and the sublcasses will be the classes you change.

e.g Actor 1 Aluxes is useless at everything
    his Main class will have Abysmal stats, e.g 1 HP at lvl 99, the main class cannot be changed
    but he can however uses the warrior class giving him +500 HP and a bit of strength

Actor 2 Harold is a decent Warrior
    his main class gives him strength and HP, again cannot be changed.
    he can become a spellsword to increase his MP and allow him to learn Power Within and Firaga Blade.

there are TWO barriers that get in our way

1. the Class parameter in the Main Menu will display the primary class and so will the Class Change Menu but since our primary class is hidden, this is undesirable. Easiest way to fix this?
    name the classes "Default", "base" or "Freelancer (FFV anyone?" this tells the player that they have no class.

2. Set all the Base character class to Primary only
    3. Set all actors so they cannot change Primary Classes
    4. Set Sublcalsses to carry over all Traits including weapons
    5. name Sublcasses to "Class" .
    6. change the naming scheme for classes to "%2" this will mean that the displayed class name will only be the Subclass.
    7. make sure you character has a subclass at all times.
    8. modify the Base Class paramters to very low parameters, this will help balance the game.
    9. you can make a default Subclass so you can make players choose their class later.
    10. disable the Class Change Menu,

with this players will have no control over Primary Classses, and it will be as if they dont exsist. Sub classes will look like Primary Classes. the only indicator is the "Base" in the Class Menu which cannot be changed

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  3. Truncatus

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi. Sorry for the late response. Christmas and all that stuff around it. XD

About the Design-Flaw: Yeah. It is really wierd but I just added different attribute-modificators on every actors, so that they will be allways a bit unique from the others.^^

But as I see it now with the Plugins, the two classes just seems to merge with each other. I did the steps like you listed though.
    It has to be possible to give the classes(subclasses in that case) all the rules how to increase everything, right? Do you know how write it in the textfield?

Thanks for the help^^

4. Fornoreason1000

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't understand what you mean give classes rules, as far as i know the stat Allocation plugin just works out of the box once you setup the sub classes correctly. unless you are referring the max allocation you want for the classes. if you want to max custom stat allocation and scaling per class then this is something this plugin just cant do. Yanfly reads the values from the Plugin Settings which means they are the only values that can be used. I originally though you jsut wanted characters to have different stats from others just by leveling up.

just bear in mind the stat allocations are applies to the 'Base Class" not the subclass. in other words they will be permanent.
    this means changing classes will not remove those points you invested in. this means custom allocations will be applied to each characters "Base" or 'No Class".

I've also discovered a bug with the Stat Allocation Plugin that lets you heal your characters by moving the sliders up and down.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  5. Truncatus

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry. Let me explain it better:

Character 1 is a warrior with good defense. He could get about 300 def by statallocation, where he needs to spend about 1800 JobPoints to get all.
    Character 2 is an assassin with good offense. He could get only 230 def by statallocation, where he needs to spend about 1600 JobPoints to get all.

And I want to have all the attributes for each character.

That is, what I have planned for my whole Party. Different amount for each stat that they can get by statallocation.
    If this plugin does not work for this purpose...Maybe you know a Plugin what is capable of doing so? Or maybe Yanfly could build that in in a next update?^^

Edit: I know about the Glitch but since I turn the Reset-Option off it is not a problem for me.^^

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  6. Fornoreason1000

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thought as much,
    yeah this plugin just cannot do it, its more of a global setting that it applies to each class. However its possible that this plugin can be modified so it will read the rules from class note tags. but it requires extensive JS knowledge so you wont break any of the other plugins and it is unlikely Yanfly will be updating or changing this script so dramatically apart from fixing the bug i mentioned. (his last post is Nov 2018 so he is still around).

Unfortunately, I am unaware of any other plugins that will do this as i do not pay much attention to the plugin release feed