Yanfly Plugins Altered Battles

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Cirothecarius, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Cirothecarius

Cirothecarius Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello Everyone,

I have been working on a project and all was well until I installed some of Yanfly's plugins into the project. I followed the instructions from their site http://yanfly.moe/yep/ and installed the plugins which you will see in the attached screenshot. Before installing these plugins Battle Testing worked perfectly. After installing them during Battle Test the enemy sprites as well as my Battlers did not show up on the battlefield (situation 1). They were all off screen though I was still able to select battle commands off screen. I read that these plugins may make Battle Testing impossible so I tried to do a battle in-game but ran into the same problems.

I went back into Battle Testing and now the enemy sprite appeared and was doing the breathing animation from the AnimatedSVEnemies. However, I did not set the particular sprite, or any sprite, to perform the breathing animation. My Battlers were also still offscreen though I could hear the menu selection sound when pressing the action button (situation 2). I turned off every plugin and went back to Battle Testing but the same thing (2) happened again. Also battles in the actual game had the same issue. I pressed F8 to check for errors but there were none. Now every battle is just an enemy sprite on the battlefield breathing heavily.

Tl;dr: I installed some Yanfly plugins (see attached png) and now in both Battle Test and in-game battles enemy sprites and Battlers do not appear onscreen.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Attached Files:

2. Aloe Guvner

Aloe Guvner Walrus Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    1.) What version is your project? Open up the rpg_core.js file in a text editor like Notepad and show us a screenshot of the top.

2.) What settings did you put in the Plugin Parameters for the battle engine core and animated enemies?

3.) So it really happens with every plugin turned off?

Cirothecarius likes this.
  3. Cirothecarius

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello Guvner,

Thanks for responding.

(1) See attached for version.

(2) I did not alter any parameters for any of the plugins I have installed. I used them all as directly downloaded from Yanfly's site.

(3) Sure enough, even with all the plugins turned off I run into the same issue. I've also attached a screenshot of the BattleTest screen, which is also how battles appear in-game as well. The white arrow in the top left corner appears when I press on the arrow keys of my keyboard and it makes the menu selection sound effect.

Thanks again for taking the time.

Attached Files:

4. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    Did you hit save button before activating battle test? The game doesnt update unless you hit save so it can be that you turned off the plugins but since you didnt save, the game still read them as ON.

Also have you tried doing it using normal game instead of battle test? Some plugins dont work nicely with battle test

Cirothecarius likes this.
  5. Cirothecarius

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hey Adiktuzmiko,

Thanks for responding. I followed your advice to use the save button and sure enough it worked. I was able to successfully turn the plugins off and battle test and in-game battles worked again. Everything was back to normal, only the weapon animations are a bit strange, i.e. when my characters swing their weapons the weapon is not in their hands and it happens above their head and to the left of them.

Then I tried turning on one plugin at a time in order to see if they are causing the problem. The YEP_CoreEngine worked fine. However, when I turned on the YEP_BattleEngineCore I once again ran into my problem of the battlers being off-screen. However, the enemy sprite was not animated. So it would seem the issue I am having is with the BattleEngineCore itself. Just in case some of the settings are at fault, I've attached a screenshot of the animation and placement settings for the BattleEngineCore.

Attached Files:

6. Aloe Guvner

Aloe Guvner Walrus Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You'll have to play with the settings to make sure you get it right for your game.

You have the right thought, to turn all plugins off and then turn on one-by-one. That way, you can isolate the issues and solve each problem when it happens.

For the positioning issue, try adjusting the 'Home Position X' parameter in the Battle Engine Core. There might be some other settings or notetags described in the help file that are also relevant.

Unfortunately, it takes some time to find the right settings. These plugins are very full of features and provide a lot of options, so the best way is to go slowly, read the help file, and do plenty of testing.

Edit: You have the most recent version of MV, so it's worth checking to make sure you have the most recent version of the plugins too.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko likes this.