Popelus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there!
I am rather new to RPG Maker MV, but I've really been having a blast over the last couple weeks with it. I am creating an amateur little game for me and my friends to enjoy. My knowledge of the technical side of RPG Maker is rather limited, so I've been relying a lot on this forum for learning and solving problems (thank you!). This time I'm having a problem whose solution can't seem to be found on other threads, so here I am posting it!

I have found Yanfly's plugins to be a super nice and easy way to add some depth and quality to my game. My problem is the following: I have created some classes that only use MP (mages, wizards) and some classes that only use TP (warriors and such). This means that the TP gauge is irrelevant for the first ones, and the MP gauge is irrelevant for the second ones. Yanfly's "Skill Core" plugin adds the option to delete gauges by placing the notetag "<Swap Gauge x: Null>" in each class' notes. However... while I love the way these bars disappear in the main menu, I'm not a fan of how they disappear during battles, as they leave an awkward empty space (picture in the Spoiler, the names are in Spanish). I wonder if there's an easy way for a newcomer like me to expand "gauge 2" into the empty space that "gauge 3" leaves during battle.

Thank you very much!

EDIT: Solved!!! Thank you very much, Poryg !

Just in case someone has the same problem as me and doesn't know javascript, I'm gonna leave the solution here.

First, delete all the <Swap Gauge x: y> you may have written in the notetags of the actors/classes you want to be TP- or MP-only.
Second, set MaxMP to 0 for TP-only characters, and write <NoTP> in the notetags of the MP-only actors/classes,
Then, open YEP_BattleStatusWindow.js and find the part where it says Window_BattleStatus.prototype.drawGaugeArea [...].
Finally, select that segment of the file (until the next };), and paste this instead:
Code:
Window_BattleStatus.prototype.drawGaugeArea = function(rect, actor) {
   this.contents.fontSize = Yanfly.Param.BSWParamFontSize;
   this._enableYBuffer = true;
   var wy = rect.y + rect.height - this.lineHeight();
   var wymod = (Imported.YEP_CoreEngine) ? Yanfly.Param.GaugeHeight : 6;
   var wymod = Math.max(16, wymod);
   this.drawActorHp(actor, rect.x, wy - wymod, rect.width);
   if (this.getGaugesDrawn(actor) <= 2) {
     this.drawActorMp(actor, rect.x, wy, rect.width);
   } else {
if (actor.mmp == 0){
this.drawActorTp (actor, rect.x, wy, rect.width);
}else if ($dataActors[actor.actorId()].meta.noTP){
this.drawActorMp (actor, rect.x, wy, rect.width);
}else {
     var ww = rect.width / 2;
     this.drawActorMp(actor, rect.x, wy, ww);
     this.drawActorTp(actor, rect.x + ww, wy, ww);
}
   }
   this._enableYBuffer = false;
};
It should work now. Again, thank you Poryg!

Last edited:

Popelus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bump
(I'm sorry for double-posting, but this is driving me insane and I'd love to get some help!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

What kind of drinks does a bar populated entirely by monsters serve?
Ami
--- Cheating Part 2 ---

F.Healer: Ahh,This item really expensive!
F.Mage: What should we do?
Hero: Don't worry,i can use this (Activate 999999999G,Suddenly The Game Police Is Watching)
Game Police:Ehem!!! (I See You Gesture)
Hero: (Gulp)...Just...forget it...

Second bust is almost ready. I have to stop for now, but I wanted to show him off. Just have to do a handful of edits and the rest of his expressions will be done.
Kupotepo wrote on casper667's profile.
Thank you @casper667 for make many amazing plugins. Do you see right @hiddenone make the blogs about your plugins?
Does anyone know where the MZ PluginEditorDemo.js can be found? It might be called SampleCoreScript now. I'd like to see what changed from MV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TzionSheol