firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would like to request a small update to the EventChasePlayer Plugin...  Can we have a setting where you can set a certain terrain number and the event can't SEE you through it.

I find it a little annoying that I'm in a room and the monsters outside that room SEE me through a wall and spend the rest of the time following my around the walls of that room trying to get to me.  Can't we set the walls and ceiling tiles to a terrain tag and have the monsters not react if you are behind them?  It would add some to game...

Thanks

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I would like to request a small update to the EventChasePlayer Plugin...  Can we have a setting where you can set a certain terrain number and the event can't SEE you through it.

I find it a little annoying that I'm in a room and the monsters outside that room SEE me through a wall and spend the rest of the time following my around the walls of that room trying to get to me.  Can't we set the walls and ceiling tiles to a terrain tag and have the monsters not react if you are behind them?  It would add some to game...

Thanks

A while ago I made an extension (unreleased) where the event cannot "see" the player if there is something impassable between them. Interested?

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A while ago I made an extension (unreleased) where the event cannot "see" the player if there is something impassable between them. Interested?

Hell yeah....  *cough*...  I mean, of course.  Thank you.  :rock-left: :guffaw: :rock-right:

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Last edited by a moderator:

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's pretty old so there are no options, but it works. Right now events can only see in a straight line, but I may edit that later depending on feedback.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DreamXRMMV/Rpg-Maker-MV/master/DreamX_EXT_EventChasePlayer.js

Thank you thank you.... it works wonderfully!!

I have another small request...  I think.  The Victory Aftermath.....  When a EXP is given the EXP bar goes up, if the level is reached then the bar stays filled, even if there is still exp left to give.  Is there an extension or patch that can make it so the bar resets when it's full and a starts refilling again immediately with the remaining EXP?

omega9380

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I would like to make a request for Region Restrictions.  I like how you can use the plugin to restrict players and NPCs, but I would like to be able to change the restriction on the fly, like thru a Plugin Command.  As an example, I am working on a game that utilizes a similar "boat" system from Final Fantasy 1.  The streams on the world map are unpassable unless the player has found the Canoe key item.  After that, whenever the player moves to a stream tile, the player icon becomes a boat and allows free movement thru the stream.  That was easy, using a Common Event and Get Location Info with Terrain tags.  Now I am trying to restrict access to those streams if the HasCanoe switch is off.  I was able to do this in VX Ace using Tsukihime's TileSwap script.  Unfortunately, Hime hasn't released an MV updated script yet.  RegionRestrictions is the closest I've come to a similar system, but I need to be able to modify the restrictions in my common event.

PS, if anyone would like to see how I did the character icon change for the boat, let me know, I can throw up a quick tut in another subforum.  Thanks!!!

Michael2820

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'd like to ask for an extra feature for the plugin attachable augments.

I want to pull off a sort of equipment modification system in the vein of Fallout 4, where a weapon or armor has a series of slots for components, and replacing those components change the items stats. For this to be able to really work, I would need a way for an item to start off with augments pre-installed. So if possible, I would love to see a way to have a weapon or piece of armor have a set of pre-attached augments.

Edit: Also, perhaps a way to have it so an augment slot can't be empty, so you can only replace what's in there?

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you thank you.... it works wonderfully!!

I have another small request...  I think.  The Victory Aftermath.....  When a EXP is given the EXP bar goes up, if the level is reached then the bar stays filled, even if there is still exp left to give.  Is there an extension or patch that can make it so the bar resets when it's full and a starts refilling again immediately with the remaining EXP?

Though I was wrong about the EXP, I was hoping this request could still be fulfilled.....

ACECORP

Founder & Entrepreneur
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly can you edit your plugin suite so all the sub menus like items and skills have a close or finish option? That is critical feature for iPhone version of the game. There appear to be either close or finish option in all other sub menus except for items and skills. I tried to add it myself using another plugin but that breaks yours.  Having that simple addition would be miraculous. Can you do that for everyone?

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yanfly can you edit your plugin suite so all the sub menus like items and skills have a close or finish option? That is critical feature for iPhone version of the game. There appear to be either close or finish option in all other sub menus except for items and skills. I tried to add it myself using another plugin but that breaks yours.  Having that simple addition would be miraculous. Can you do that for everyone?

Here's a plugin that adds a close command to the item category and skill category menus.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DreamXRMMV/Rpg-Maker-MV/master/DreamX_Close.js

ACECORP

Founder & Entrepreneur
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great! A few questions I have are as follows:

1. Is this fully compatible with the current version of the Yanfly Plugin Suite?
  2. Does it also work with any Yanfly Plugin Suite Version (including the older ones) or is it only compatible with Certain Versions? -- if only compatible with certain ones, , what versions is it compatible with?
  3. Where in the 'plugin order' must I place it? - meaning must I place it (1) before the Yanfly Plugin Suite, (2) after the Yanfly plugin Suite, or (3) somewhere in the middle between certain Yanfly Plugins that are part of the Yanfly Suite? 

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Great! A few questions I have are as follows:

1. Is this fully compatible with the current version of the Yanfly Plugin Suite?
  2. Does it also work with any Yanfly Plugin Suite Version (including the older ones) or is it only compatible with Certain Versions? -- if only compatible with certain ones, , what versions is it compatible with?
  3. Where in the 'plugin order' must I place it? - meaning must I place it (1) before the Yanfly Plugin Suite, (2) after the Yanfly plugin Suite, or (3) somewhere in the middle between certain Yanfly Plugins that are part of the Yanfly Suite? 

1. It was made for Yanfly plugins.

2. I used the latest versions.

3. Underneath Yanfly plugins.

ACECORP

Founder & Entrepreneur
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome! Thanks for clarifying that! I will take a look at that plugin as soon as I get some time. Thanks again!

UPDATED 2016-07-05 9:04 PM EST --- DreamX that script worked great! Thanks so much for providing it!

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'd like to ask for an extra feature for the plugin attachable augments.

I want to pull off a sort of equipment modification system in the vein of Fallout 4, where a weapon or armor has a series of slots for components, and replacing those components change the items stats. For this to be able to really work, I would need a way for an item to start off with augments pre-installed. So if possible, I would love to see a way to have a weapon or piece of armor have a set of pre-attached augments.

Edit: Also, perhaps a way to have it so an augment slot can't be empty, so you can only replace what's in there?

I took care of this.  Just waiting for Mod approval of the Topic.

Edit:  Here you go!

raf

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
I wan´t to ask for a chance to add offset to a weapon animation plugin.

I have bigger battlers, and the battlers arent holding the weapon.

lokirafael

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A small extension to the Yanfly plugins that change the way exp is shared. Higher levels actors gains less xp than low levels. (With help of Enemy Levels).

That would help alot to balance the games progression.

Michael2820

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I took care of this.  Just waiting for Mod approval of the Topic.

Edit:  Here you go!

Just tried this out and it seems to work beautifully! Thank you very much!

Zarsla

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can the More_Currencies be expanded to add a Lunatic Mode, with the similar notetags to the skill learn sysyem eg 'custom buy', 'custom sell', 'custom text buy and 'custom text sell' eg what 'custom text' shows the price and anything else inculding text codes?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The capital city of Lindenburg everyone. "Capital"

Map043.png
been trying to up my action sequence game and I'm not entirely sure what to do, even with tutorials out there. but I think I'm heading in the right direction with some attacks.
I've started brainstorming an entry for IGMC 2022. One hour of game length and first ten minutes to grab the reviewer's interest. Here we go.
Not played that much in years tbh, only been making/modding games. Every game I try now feels super easy o_O Even ones I used to struggle with.
Everywhere I go to, everyone brings up the heat being insane. Is this an omen? :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyon223